Diabetic Receipes

Options
Hi everyone I have just been diagnosed as type 2 diabetic can anyone help with dessert ideas, thank you in advance x

Replies

• Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Diabetes type 2 can be reversed, that is the good news. Google about it and you will find your recipes ;)
  • bigfoot27
    bigfoot27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for replying ,yes i am aware that it is weight related that is why i have now found this brilliant way to keep me on track . Would really appreciate though if anyone has any meals they can share as its hard trying to find good receipes online that are low in sugar (UK)
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I like the recipes on this site. http://beautyandthefoodie.com/recipes/
    To be honest, I don't really look for low-sugar, although I keep an eye on it. I find if I keep it low carb it works for my blood sugar.
    I did find a sweetener I love though, if you can find a monkfruit/erythritol blend I find it tastes and measures like sugar.
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I went almost gluten free............obvious things but don't check labels for smaller amounts as I am not celiac. My doctor was over the moon when I had bloodwork done later. My blood sugar dropped quite a lot just with the reduction in carbs. Not saying you should do it but carbs are equivalent to sugar in the body according to a friend who has a child with severe diabetes. They have to count every carb in every item he eats.
  • Scarecrowsama
    Scarecrowsama Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    They all end up being converted in glucose, the only difference is that some do faster than others.
  • bigfoot27
    bigfoot27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone thats a real help x