Yo-yo

Options
Morning all,

I am so tired of yo-yoing. The same thing year after year. I've been at my maintenance weight for several years, but keep gaining weight...about 10 lbs. after I get back from the beach. I can maintain the extra weight that I gain, but I am so trying to get back at my original maintenance weight. I work so hard from Jan-July...cutting phase, to get those abs for the beach and then when I get back I quit working so hard. I just want to eat and drink everything I can get my hands on. I still work out and eat ok, but not having a goal makes it difficult to stay motivated. Anybody have any tips to keep motivated during the holidays. TIA.

Well Oiled Machine

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    New goal? Find a 5k-10k-half marathon (as is appropriate) in the Jan-Feb time period to compete in.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    I wrapped myself in a bubble wrap of longer-term maintainers on MFP. It seems to help me to feel like I'm not just floundering about aimlessly on my own.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    New goal? Find a 5k-10k-half marathon (as is appropriate) in the Jan-Feb time period to compete in.

Good idea. Thanks.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I wrapped myself in a bubble wrap of longer-term maintainers on MFP. It seems to help me to feel like I'm not just floundering about aimlessly on my own.

I like it. Thanks.