My Scale Sucks!

Options
2»

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Another thing that will throw off scales is if your muscles are tense or relaxed (think sucking in). Sucked in I weigh less, relaxed I weigh more. Dancers, gymnasts, and those with anything similar in their pasts often have this problem. It comes form the natural resistance to gravity from "holding yourself up and being light as a feather".
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    If it's brand new and is that inaccurate, just return it. Get one that has been suggested here, make sure it is on stable ground, but definitely don't rely on it only! Measurements are just as, if not more important.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    throw it in the garbage, I do not even own one.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I bought a 25.00 glass scale at walmart and it is more accurate then the fifty dollar weight watchers scale. And consistent. My dad used it once and shocked himself with it and they bought one of a similar model. Bought it five years ago and haven't looked back, I had to change the batteries once already.
  • gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    my digital scale does the same thing. I only count the lowest weight though o:)

Yep!

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am weird but I stand on my scale, look at the weight, record it on MFP and then shove it in the corner for a week.
    I didn't realise I had to stand on and off multiple times =)
  • smandymail
    smandymail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    Maybe I am weird but I stand on my scale, look at the weight, record it on MFP and then shove it in the corner for a week.
    I didn't realise I had to stand on and off multiple times =)

LOL. Duh :P
  • njmilton
    njmilton Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I have a horrible time with my Health O Meter scale. I use it on my bathroom floor and if i don't put it exactly the same spot it can vary a huge amount. This morning I weighed myself 5 times with 5 different results from 225.4 to 240.1. It’s extremely annoying.