help! diffrence between whey proteins?

Options
deup
deup Posts: 129 Member
k so i been taking whey proteins for sometime now, and i am slowly understanding them also upgrading from cheap proteins to the better refined and higher quality proteins.

my Q: is what sthe diffrence between whey protein *reg* and Whey protein isolates?

Replies

• Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You dont make any gains from cheaper protons. Buy the top quality isolations only and make sure you take 1 scoop when you wake up, 2 post workout and 1 before bed.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Here is a good explanation of the differences between whey concentrates and isolates. It may help with your choices.

If you really want to cut to the chase, scroll half way down the page to "So, Which Type of Whey Should You Chose?"
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Sandigesha wrote: »
    You dont make any gains from cheaper protons. Buy the top quality isolations only and make sure you take 1 scoop when you wake up, 2 post workout and 1 before bed.
    LULZ
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Isolate is the PUREST form of protein.... (meaning less fillers, less carbs, less calories)

Whey is fine too, but it has like 20-50 more calories depending on brand and flavor.

Whey and Isolate protein is nothing more than a means to hit your protein goal.... that's it, period. Either take it if you have a hard time getting in protein, or eat more whole food protein sources. Your choice. I find whole food keeps me fuller, longer.

And despite what bro-science you hear, it doesn't add muscle and it won't make you faster or stronger.
  • deup
    deup Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :) that link made for some interesting read :)

http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/biox/wheycomplex.html
    http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/biox/wheyisolate.html
    these are the 2 i am currently using. so if i understand this correctly.
    the isolates are a better source for post workout?
    my goals right now are just to maintain the muscle mass i have will i still continue cutting back my access weight. and keep working atthe gym.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Isolates are a better choice I think, less fillers.

But, YOU DO NOT NEED POST WORKOUT PROTEIN, PERIOD. If you're hungry, then eat..... if not... wait for dinner or your next meal. All that matters is you hit your protein goal before you go to sleep each night.

And just slowly lower your calories every week until you hit your goal body-weight. Cut back to fast, and you'll find your lifts going down in weight.