"my discussions"

It used to be that I'd see threads I'd commented on in "My discussions" so that I'd know what conversations I'd been in and could get back to them without having to recall the exact thread title to search it by....now the only threads in this list are the ones I've actually started myself and I can't find threads I'd been commenting on unless I do write the titles down in order to be able to search them later. Was this intentional with the forum update? Or am I actually having an issue with my account?

Replies

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    I also notice that although my settings show that my replies to threads are supposed to show up on my profile, they aren't there either, so I can't even find them from there.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    We've been told in one of the update threads that a My Topics style page will be coming back in the future. Until then, a lot of us are using some workarounds.

You can bookmark topics you're interested in keeping track of by clicking the star in the corner of posts.

Or you can go here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/preferences and set your notification preferences to receive a notification every time someone posts in a thread you've posted in.You'll end up with a lot of notifications if you post in any of the really busy threads, but it's one way to keep track of things.
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    I know...hate that you can't find the threads you commented on and are waiting for a reply...Like Dianne said ...you have to hit the little bookmark thing at the top right when inside the thread.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Borrowing your thread to test my ability to put in a photo.

tumblr_mwwsofcBdH1rziwwco1_250.gif
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    sad day. i don't see the star either. oh wells.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    sad day. i don't see the star either. oh wells.

That thing is HARD to find, I couldn't find it either.

At the very top of the thread, it says 'message boards, getting started in bold letters. The star and things are off to the right of that on the side of the page.

They hid them on purpose

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Thank-YOU!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Thank-YOU!

Welcome!

I looked for that for about an hour, LOL. I thought mine were missing :P

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    You can also click on the notifications tab now that will show you anyone that has responded on threads you've commented on. I've been using that for now.