Concerned for Hubby. 6' 122 pounds. He desperately needs to gain & I need to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• RISEOFPATRIOTS
    RISEOFPATRIOTS Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Balaru wrote: »
    If I could switch with him we'd be perfect. I'm 5'8" @ 198 and he's 6 foot and just got o the scale. I saw it with my own eyes. Really concerned. How do I fatten him up and slim me down. Maybe if we ran at each other like Freaky Friday. Any tips would be appreciated.

Try lots of natural cooking oils expect soybean oil, and nuts. All high in fat but healthy. Also what is he eating?
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the responses. We eat a ton of veggies. I'm trying to be vegetarian. He still eats regular portions of meat plus the veggies. He's super hyper. We are working towards eating whole foods. Go to the Farmer's Market every weekend. I work from home. He does odd jobs as his company closed after Hurricane Katrina and he hasn't found anything steady since. But we have been blessed. As long as we can meet the bills and have a little left over its all good. He's on a kick now about food combining. The difference is I read about and think - that's interesting. Try it for awhile. If it works stick with it. If not move on. But he gets zealous about it. He's convinced food combining will make him gain weight. He's always been around 135 - 140 but friends and family have expressed concern too. It's been a gradual weight loss over the past few months. He doesn't have insurance right now so the doctor is not an option right now. Does anyone here do food combining? If I could get him to slow down maybe some fat would stick to him. Thanks for listening everyone.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    So he lost 15 to 20 pounds? What about adding in a side of rice or potatoes just for him? That's a good way to put on pounds....
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Got him to sign up here and track how little he's eating....So hopefully it will be an eye opener for him.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    thats' good to hear, hope it works out better for him now :)
  • stillbattlingthebulge
    Options
    hi! You sound like me! My husband is 6 foot 2, also, and he is underweight also, although not as low as your husband. My hubby ways 139 pounds. he has Crohn's disease, so that is definitely a contributing factor in his low weight. However, it is very crazy for one of us to try to be on a weight gain diet while the other of us is desperately trying to lose weight! I often feel like it sure would be convenient if he and I could trade weights. Guess it doesn't work that way though. We'll both have to work towards our goals!