Help Me Determine...Bulk or Lean

Options
Fellow MFP members. Help me determines which way to go with my look. Please pick a picture. Backyard pic is bulk, Lake pic is lean. Thanks for the help.

photo_zps0b1f25a8.jpg

photo2_zpscb621323.jpg

Replies

• marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA This is such a fun question. What are your fitness goals? From a personal preference perspective I like the leaner look. However you look great both ways. The important thing is your build is fit, muscular and athletic. Your wife is a lucky lady. good luck! I prefer not to get hugs from a guy who might accidentally crush the life out of me with hyper bulky arms.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks marathon64. :smile: I thought I might get more than one reply...looks like it is hard to get support in the motivation and support message board. Maybe I will split the difference. I think I'll increase the cardio and get a better tan (note the bulk photo is a recent one).
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If you estimate your b/f to be above 12-13% I would cut until until your b/f gets down to around 10% then bulk again.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It's really up to you (and maybe with some input from your wife?) But I'm with Marathoner, I like the leaner pic better too.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    so my own preference is bulk. love those shoulders babe! but as the others have said, what I like doesn't count for you!
  • supersparklies
    supersparklies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    First pic.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You look happier in the first pic...so I am going with the first one.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    i like the leaner one
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Lean
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Lean. Not that you look bad in the second picture or anything. I just prefer your look in the first.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I would do whichever is easier for you to maintain. I'm sure one of them feels more "right", right?
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Both. My goal is to put on more muscle while getting as lean as I have ever been. I want it all!
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    In the second picture your bulked arms/shoulders look wider than your hips, I think you look more proportionate in your "lean" picture and this is why I would pick lean.

(please note I am not dissing your second picture, I understand this is a very desirable look and I you look super strong in your second picture!)
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks all... guess I need to start getting rid of the muscle. :sad: Anyway, here is the routine that I used to go from lean to bulk.

Run = 20miles + per week
    Cycle = 60 Miles + per week
    Lift = 1-2 times per week 1 hour each
    Cross = approx 1 per month
    Food 2000-3000 per day with heavy protein :drinker:

photo5_zpsd7667133.jpg