30 days, 6 pounds, happy camper!

Options
I still have a ways to go on my journey, but when MFP reminded me I have been logging for 30 days, I decided to look at my successes (lost 6 pounds!) as such, instead of as failures (was trying to lose 10!). Slow, steady and compassionate towards myself was my mantra today.

I rewarded myself with a food scale so that I can more accurately track my food, and reach my first goal of losing the 10 pounds I've gained this past year. Then, who knows? I'll probably focus on toning/body composition at that point and see where that gets me. I'm also going to reward myself with increasing my calories by a little bit and eating back more of my exercise calories regularly.

I have motivation to stay on track in the short term, as I am going to visit my parents for the first time in a while in 20 days (ack!) and I have a photo shoot with me in front of the lens (double ack!) right before that. In the long term, I'm so excited to get ton the point where I can play around with body composition and really improve my athleticism!

I know that 30 days isn't a lot, but it's been a long month, and I've worked very hard. I've been going to the gym several times a week, alternating between cardio and boot camp style training (I'm the slowest in the class!). I even did dead lifts for the first time last week. I hurt in the best way afterwards. Today, I also ran on the treadmill for a mile, mostly to see if I could, and I did. My pace has plenty of room for improvement, should I decide to pursue running more regularly (doubtful....) This month I also cut out alcohol and processed sugar, and focused on cooking at home and eating my veggies.

Everyone here is an inspiration to keep doing well, so thank you so much for that. I don't have a before picture, really, but here is a picture I took tonight, so I can compare to it later? I wanted to take a photo with a 6 pound dumbbell at the gym, but there were too many people... :-/

Anyways, thanks for reading my long post. I'm well chuffed tonight!

byernrpdl8vj.jpg
7yxaoxuyq4wl.jpg

Replies

• littlej01
    littlej01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You've been working hard and dedicated. I love how you've been mixing up your exercise routine. Hope you can get where you want to be and keep working it!
  • cristapp
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Great work. I like how you make the point to show compassion for yourself. Truly important in this journey.