Works well for a few days, then BAM

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm able to eat within my caloric goal for a few days, and then after 5 days or so I begin to get run down and tired. I also have ravenous hunger. I really don't know what to do. Here is what I believe the problem is. I'm 165lb, but have 9-11% body fat, so I am pretty muscular. I cannot use myfitnesspal's goal setter because the calories are not enough, and even after increasing those calories this still seems to happen.

Another problem lies in my exercise. During the work week I run and go to the gym. However on the weekends I bike ride over 100 miles total, and run around all day.

What should I do! How much do I need to eat. Finding my BMR is proving to be really difficult. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    How about experiment with how many calories your body requires to maintain the weight you are happy with and results in your health and well-being? It's not clear what your goal is: lose weight, gain weight, stay the same. Improve your health.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm dumb/missing something, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to lose weight if you're already at 9% bf.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    jessieleah wrote: »
    Maybe I'm dumb/missing something, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to lose weight if you're already at 9% bf.
    This. Is this actually a serious post?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    jessieleah wrote: »
    This. Is this actually a serious post?

If it IS a serious post, then I'm assuming it's because OP doesn't see muscle yet, and is hoping dieting down more will reveal muscle. Just a guess because 165 for a young male is really not that heavy and I do not envision muscular when I think about a 165lb guy at 10% BF. I mean.. I'm 165lbs. Granted not super low body fat and a woman, but I'm not that big.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what are your goals?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    How did you work out your body fat? I would be surprised if you're really at the body fat you think Most methods of working bf give variable results. Also what is your height and what calories are you eating. I would also guess you're within a normal weight range so your goals should be to lose fat not weight. Without more information people will struggle to advise