Extreme Fat loss/detoxification Diet for those who have plateaued in weight loss

Options
Hey guys i just want to add that this is not my diet, I did not create it, I got it from fitness youtuber Elliot Hulse
This diet ( as he explained it) will detox your body and restart your metabolism
Ok here it is:
For the first 3 days of this diet you will only eat Ground turkey or turkey breast and/or Tuna since they are low in fats and have no carbs. with these meals you will also add vegetables
You will have to drink 2 gallons of water each day for those three days
on the fourth, fifth, and sixth day you will switch to chicken breast and/or Steak upping the fats a bit. still eating vegetables with them you will only drink 1 gallon of water for those days
And finally on the seventh day you will totally increase your carbs since they have been almost non existent for the past six days...rice potatoes are few examples of these carbs ( think of it as a reefeed day) This day you will only be drinking half a gallon of water you can do this for two weeks but not recommended to go past to weeks ( according to elliot)
I have tried this diet twice already in the past three times i have been cutting weight. i tend to do it towards the end of my cutting diets to almost finish off the cut and try to cut as much weight as possible
This diet is great for plateaus and great for detox/ fat loss
Im sharing this because it worked for me and hopefully, for those who want to try it, work for them

Replies

• emmanuelochoa91
    emmanuelochoa91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    aww Maan
  • emmanuelochoa91
    emmanuelochoa91 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    well if you guys dont believe me heres the link to his vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BVhKKLe1eA
    I really did not mean any harm and sorry if you saw this as spam
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that he has beautiful eyes! I can't stop looking!!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a detox. If a toxin has built up in your system (like mercury), your liver, kidneys, and other purification organs will help remove the toxic substance.

For the first 3 days you eat ground meat and veggies and drink 2 gallons of water a day? I drink about a gallon of water every day, and that's way above normal for most people. Two gallons a day is extremely dangerous for most people and could risk dilutional hyponatremia (aka water poisoning).

Your body does not know what day it is. Eating X way for # of days and then Y way for # of days does nothing for a plateau. The best way to prevent a plateau (defined as multiple weeks at the same weight) is to lower your calories.

The best way to do a clean cut is to drop your calories into a reasonable deficit and continue training.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Your metabolism doesn't not need restarting. If it did you'd be dead.

Reported for promoting unsafe weight loss.

why has this comment been called abuse?!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I generally like Elliot's videos but he is far from an expert and most of his diet advice I just find better to ignore. In the end he is just a strong man competitor/gym owner with YouTube channel and this doesn't really count as credentials, but I love some of his suppliment rants.

ETA: I'm glad that you found something that seems to have worked for you and good luck as you go forward.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading at "detox" and "re start" metabolism …

a diet, eating method, etc, will not detox your body, as it already does that on your own ..

also, your metabolism is not a computer that you just "re start" by eating a certain way ..

only ground turkey and tuna for three days? that sounds disgusting ….

what does low carb have to do with restarting your metabolism..???
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

QTF.

And it's stupid people are flagging this for abuse. Come on people, big girl panties.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm seeing a lot of the Detox/Cleanse posts again. This is rare, they usually don't happen until January. So here's the deal on Detoxing your body

The body’s own detox system We tend to forget that the body is equipped with a detoxification system of its own, which includes the following:

The skin. The main function of the body’s largest organ is to provide a barrier against harmful substances, from bacteria and viruses to heavy metals and chemical toxins.

The respiratory system. Fine hairs inside the nose trap dirt and other large particles that may be inhaled. Smaller particles that make it to the lungs are expelled from the airways in mucus.

The immune system. This exquisitely orchestrated network of cells and molecules is designed to recognize foreign substances and eliminate them from the body.

The intestines. Peyer’s patches —lymph nodes in the small intestine —screen out parasites and other foreign substances before nutrients are absorbed into the blood from the colon.

The liver. Acting as the body’s principal filter, the liver produces a family of proteins called metallothioneins. Metallothioneins neutralize harmful metals like lead, cadmium, and mercury to prepare for their elimination from the body. Liver cells also produce groups of enzymes that regulate the metabolism of drugs and are an important part of the body’s defense against harmful chemicals and other toxins.

The kidneys. The fact that urine tests are used to screen for drugs and toxins is a testament to the kidneys' remarkable efficiency in filtering out waste substances and moving them out of the body
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    ^^ Ah but now you see that's, like, science, and therefore has no place here. ;)
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options

• heimdog8
    heimdog8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ya'll sceptics out there need to chill out a bit. Who cares that he called it a cleanse/detox. You're missing the point. Elliot was just talking about something drastic that would accelerate fat loss. Which this 100% does. Eating lean meat and veggies only is a good recipe for cutting. Relax