Can anyone from India help?

Options
Hi.
A colleague of mine has just come back from India and bought a box of Sindhi Sweets back.
I would like to try one but I have no idea how to log it.
Can anyone help?

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Here is theSindhi Sweets Web Site http://sindhisweets.co.in/menu/ (I hope, not used to posting links).
    I think you are going to have to take an educated Guess as there is no calorie breakdown listed.
    Cheers, h.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.
    I don't know what's in them except for almonds so it will have to be a guess. I have logged 500. Better to over than under.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.
    I don't know what's in them except for almonds so it will have to be a guess. I have logged 500. Better to over than under.

500 cals?? i thought you were just trying one?! :lol:
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    can you post a pic so its easier to identify
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Ha ha welcome to my world. I spend SO much time trying to figure out the calories of Indian-style foods.

Sindhi is a brand name, but the type of sweet should be on the box. It's probably there in English, but if you can't figure it out, post a pic of the box. It'll say the type of treat. (Even if it's just in Hindi, I could read it.) Actually a surprising number of Indian sweets are loaded onto the website here.

(For me it's tougher, I actually have to translate into Hindi to get our usual local names ... and then there are ethnic foods all across South Asia that aren't the "major" ones and so don't get listed ... AAAK.)