Vodka

Options
I'm here trying to lose weight and become stunningly handsome again, like most people here I guess.
To start I thought this was going to be simple and I found that by eating 1000calories less per day than the male amount, I was losing 2lbs per week. great, it's working!

Then after a few weeks, the weight loss became less compared the the amount of food and effort with exercise I seemed to be putting in. Now it's become fairly static.

Which leaves me with a problem. Do I eat even less and exercise even more or is there more to it than just eating less calories.

Bit of research and I found it is a lot more complicated. it's about sugar, carbs and protein and balance. Also being a bit more serious about eating more healthy foods.

Fair enough, i can go a bit more healthy but does it mean I can only eat carrot sticks an lentils? I can't go hard core like that. Can't and to be honest, won't.

Also, Vodka, do I have to give that up as well? I like a few of those with diet coke at the weekend.
Again, I can modify that if needed and change the drink. Not an alcoholic by any means but I do like a drink at weekends. if it's not Vodka and coke, whats the more 'healthy' alternative?

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You can eat and drink what you want as long as you account for it and log it. I drink alcohol almost daily and it has not hindered my progress. As far as your weight loss stall you might be getting closer to your goal weight and you should not be losing 2 lbs a week once you get close. 0.5 to 1 lb a week is usually recommended with some sort of resistance training.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No, you don't have to give up anything, so long as it fits in your allotment. The first question after looking at your diary, is are you weighing and measuring?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well with 34lbs to go 2lbs a week is probably too fast and you are depriving yourself of valuable fuel. Set it to 1/2 lb a week...sounds too slow but it works. Esp since you are eating so little...it would be hard to put in effort with the exercise. As a guy you can eat more than 1600 calories a day and lose....I mean me as a woman loses on 2000 a day.

As for the losing...it's all in the logging. I see quick adds in your diary, not everything is weighed...logging accurately is key. Choosing correct entries etc.

Now for your research...no it's not all about sugar carb protien balance. It's Calories in vs calories out...if you are in a deficit that is all that matters. Macro balance is for health.

Feel free to check my diary. I eat bacon, eggs, cheese, Burger king, pizza etc. Cripes I eat a chocolate bar every day.

Vodka heck no...you don't need to give anything up. IMHO vodka is probably one of my go to drinks...esp considering the calories....mine has about 40 in each shot. Which I mix with club soda and flavoring.

So basically log accurately, re-evaluate the amount of calories you are allowing yourself....and think this...the goal here is to eat as much as you can and still lose a reasonable amount of weight each week...not starve yourself and be miserable and punish yourself for getting overweight.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    God no...don't give up vodka! ;) Check out this link. It should help you set a reasonable calorie goal for yourself.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    For a man your surely you are not eating enough?

Whats your bmr? tdee? height? current weight etc?

Don't you need to eat back exercise calories? Or half?
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Vodka and water, with a squeeze of lemon, or on the rocks with a squeeze of lemon or lime.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Bit of research and I found it is a lot more complicated. it's about sugar, carbs and protein and balance.

The internet is a dangerous place, full of misinformation.

It's really not about that at all. Unless you have a medical condition, none of those things on their own will effect weight loss.

sugar is a carb, so ignore it. Protein is a good thing to aim for hitting. Yes, balance is key for health, not necessarily for weight loss. Macros are for body composition but on their own will not effect rate of loss.

It's about calorie deficit. You cannot expect to lose weight every week, sometimes it takes a few weeks.
    You are not eating very much for a man. With Less Weight to lose, you can't expect to lose 2 lbs a week for the entirety of your weight loss. Slow it down and eat more. I'm a woman who lost her weight on 1900 gross calories and the weekly drinking night.

Read that sexy pants link!
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic are my diet drinks , or a splash of gin and water :)