Nothing tastes as good as fit feels....

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I hate that quote so much. It is used a lot in the pro ana/ED world to remind themselves not to eat.

If you hate it then just ignore it. No one is imposing it on you! :)

Alternatively if you hate it, speak up in this thread as to why you hate it, so that people can learn something valuable from it, which is exactly what happened here.

Nobody is judging or attacking you for posting it. They are attacking the quote itself for very valid reasons.

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    The irony if that quote was found in a fortune cookie

Does anyone play that game

Nothing tastes as good as fit feels (in bed)?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    burritos are amazing.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    I hate that quote so much. It is used a lot in the pro ana/ED world to remind themselves not to eat.

If you hate it then just ignore it. No one is imposing it on you! :)

Alternatively if you hate it, speak up in this thread as to why you hate it, so that people can learn something valuable from it, which is exactly what happened here.

Nobody is judging or attacking you for posting it. They are attacking the quote itself for very valid reasons.

Yes, I am not judging just pointing out how this quote can be used to promote eating disorders (and I know this from experience since I am a recovered/recovering Anorexic). When I was really sick and in the hospital we all said this all the time. I know you said you have issues with moderation but so do I. Though I find that if I restrict all "junk" food or whatever that it is 100% certain that I will binge.

Someone wrote this quote on the white board at my gym last year (as well as the equally/if not more ED quote "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips"). On the surface thee quotes may be motivational but they are also very dangerous if it brings you into a very restrictive mindset.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Yanicka1 wrote: »
    I am fit and food still taste awesome. In fact I can eat more now than I ever did and my diary would make a clean eater faint

^Yes, all the yes. Me too.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    How about "Being fit is great. Food is pretty yummy too, but don't eat too much."

This is my approach. Being fit and eating delicious things aren't mutually exclusive.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Do you think we can get 73 more responses that say you can eat treats and lose weight? Like, has the OP said enough times that they are aware of this.

Still, OP: Don't be an idiot!!! You can eat junk and lose weight! Duuuuuuh!
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    If you want to get motivation for loosing weight, skip in front of a mirror.

This made me literally LAUGH OUT LOUD when I read it... thanks for the smile!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    px2wwg75d16p.jpg
    I hope this is true. Deep fried oreos are BOMB.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Read this quote somewhere. Haven't felt thin in sometime, but I remember how it great felt when I was thinner and more fit!! Trying to stay motivated to give up (reduce) tasty treats to eventually feel thin!!! :)
    On that note, Happy Wednesday everyone.....stay on track!!!

Sad. OP posts an encouraging, upbeat message to us and s/he is buried in opposition and negativity. Typical of these halls.

A Happy Hump Day to you OP!!
  • pinuprevival
    pinuprevival Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Kate Moss quotes: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
    This is who said that and I agree with everyone here... You can eat anything you want in moderation. :)
  • imaginaryplant
    imaginaryplant Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow...the wonders of the world are suddenly revealed to me...btw, this donut that I'm eating right now is pretty delicious.
  • spah33
    spah33 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love this! I used to love to feel full and now I love feeling a little hungry and in shape.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post -- I like the quote, and think it's good to remember when you're wanting to eat the whole thing! I also enjoyed reading the disagree-ers (yeah, that's not a word!) and the smarty pants replies too. Have an awesome day!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    111YoYo111 wrote: »
    Read this quote somewhere. Haven't felt thin in sometime, but I remember how it great felt when I was thinner and more fit!! Trying to stay motivated to give up (reduce) tasty treats to eventually feel thin!!! :)

Sad. OP posts an encouraging, upbeat message to us and s/he is buried in opposition and negativity. Typical of these halls.

Do you think anyone attacked the OP or was negative to her personally, or do you think people were disagreeing with the message?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I like to eat the foods and lift the weights.... Oh noes.
  • chadhargis
    Options
    Not to be a demotivator, but I love to eat. I love the feeling of being full. I love the feeling of eating delicious food. Those foods tend to be things very unhealthy for me. I hate working out, I hate salads, I hate most foods that are "good" for you. But I eat right and exercise because I know the health risks. I do the responsible thing. But man, what I wouldn't give to down a six pack and eat a large meat lovers pizza. Oh man...that would feel great.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »

Do you think anyone attacked the OP or was negative to her personally, or do you think people were disagreeing with the message?

exactly.. it is not personal at all. I don't want her to feel bad about it, just to be careful. I will go back to "feeling" fit (is fit really a feeling?) and eating a balanced diet.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Saying you can eat delicious food and still lose weight is not negativity. In fact I think the phrase "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" is more negative and harmful than encouraging people to realize that you don't have to starve yourself to be successful (which is a really common misconception).
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    <curmudgeon>
    I'm not a fan of motivational sayings. Most are trite, many contradict each other, and some are just plain wrong.

"No one has ever regretted a workout." Really? I have.

"Do or do not. There is no try." Oh please. I prefer the Homer Simpson variant: "Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is never try."

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body." Or it could be injury.

"Do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog." Yeah, because people haven't rewarded other people with food - including their beloved mates and children - for longer than recorded history. When my manager brings in doughnuts, is he saying that we're dogs?

But the worst one, to my mind, is the "Nothing tastes better than __ feels," especially in the "skinny" variant. It's a blatant lie.

I'm pretty fit, and though I'm not skinny I'm the leanest I've been in my adult life. And I concur with those who say that there are many things that taste better than "fit" feels. And part of being fit is that I get to eat lots of things that taste great. (Like the 9% abv imperial IPA I had last night, O'so Lupulin Maximus.)

To mind, those who use this dictum as a motivational saying are setting themselves up for failure, as they eventually discover that it just isn't true. It posits an unhealthy and false dichotomy between health and pleasure, and contributes to the "food as the enemy" mindset. That's why this is a harmful idea.

</curmudgeon>

Disclaimer for hurt feelings: If this saying helped/helps you, more power to you.