Unsure of what to do

I'm 5"1 and weigh 95lbs. I want to lose fat and gain muscle now, but I'm not sure how many calories I should be eating, as every website I go on is giving me different information. Does 1500 calories with 50% carbs, 30% protein 20% fat sound good? I don't necessarily want to lose weight, just replace fat with muscle.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    You are technically under weight so you need to eat to gain weight but also probably do some weight training so that the new weight is mainly muscle. Pop over to the fitness boards they will be able to point you in the right direction for weight training. With some weights you should be eating around the 2000 calorie mark to put on weight and to gain muscle. As I said though those experienced in weight training will be able to give you more specific advice
  • Thank you for your reply! My BMI is 18, so I'm at a healthy weight. My stomach is definitely not underweight! I've been doing pilates to tone up, and apparently I should be eating 1600 calories to maintain. I'm going to try to bring up my calories to 1600 and see how that goes first.