Question for women

Options
malavika413
malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
Hey ladies, I just have a question about clothes and cleavage.

You see, I'm 19 years old, in college, and attending my boyfriend's formal in a month. I want to be dressed appropriately. I bought a dress with a sweetheart neckline, but because of my DD chest, you can see some cleavage. My boyfriend's a conservative person and I wouldn't want to make him feel uncomfortable. What do you think--should I wear this dress that has a moderate amount of cleavage, or purchase another with a high neckline so my boobs will be hidden?

Thanks!

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Some cleavage is fine. Just don't wear something cut down to your belly button. ;)

If you like the dress, wear it!
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with some cleavage. With big boobs, you just can't avoid it.
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think it would be fine.. use your discretion...you're the one that knows if it's too much and will make him uncomfortable.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I'm not a women but I am a cleavage espert. In my professional opinion, you ask him what he thinks...not the entire internet worlds.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    You bought that first dress because YOU liked how it looks on you. Don't change who you are and buy a high neckline dress. Wear the sweetheart dress!! :D
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Normally I would say wear what makes you happy, but since you are concerned for what he thinks I would show him the dress and ask him.
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    Normally I would say wear what makes you happy, but since you are concerned for what he thinks I would show him the dress and ask him.

Is that logic I'm smelling? Not possible.
  • malavika413
    Options
    SGM_Adonis wrote: »
    I'm not a women but I am a cleavage espert. In my professional opinion, you ask him what he thinks...not the entire internet worlds.

I wanted to surprise him, since I bought the dress in his favorite color and stuff. I was hoping it would be a wow-factor dress, but I don't want him to feel ashamed of his date.

• lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    If your worried about his opinion why not just ask him. Hard for the rest of is to judge without a picture
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

I wanted to surprise him, since I bought the dress in his favorite color and stuff. I was hoping it would be a wow-factor dress, but I don't want him to feel ashamed of his date.

If you want to keep it a surprise...then just ask him what his stance is on cleavage.

Best to phrase it exactly like that and just after he takes a drink of something.
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

Bebe, by the way you're carrying yourself, that's the last thing you have to worry about.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Have a backup plan.

If he doesn't like it, bring a sweater, or a lacy scarf, or something to that effect.

If he likes it too much, use protection!
  • malavika413
    Options
    If your worried about his opinion why not just ask him. Hard for the rest of is to judge without a picture

I don't have a picture of me in the actual dress, but here's me in a dress with a similar amount of cleavage. (I'm in the red)

32jzmb5zcru0.jpg

• cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I don't have a picture of me in the actual dress, but here's me in a dress with a similar amount of cleavage. (I'm in the red)

32jzmb5zcru0.jpg

That's like nothing! You're fine girl.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    That is totally and completely acceptable. If my husband asked me to show less than that I would probably buy a miniskirt to piss him off.
  • malavika413
    Options
    That is totally and completely acceptable. If my husband asked me to show less than that I would probably buy a miniskirt to piss him off.

Great! Thank you! I thought it was pretty innocuous, especially since larger-busted gals tend to look better in sweethearts anyway. But I just wanted to be sure.
  • JMoore221979
    Options
    Coming from a guys perspective everything looks fine, I don't know how someone could be upset with that.
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    Oh, to be 19 again. I think a high-ish neckline and a well-tailored bodice is a very classy look. Think Taylor Swift, who doesn't seem to dress all trashy and sexed-up. Your sweetheart neckline choice sounds lovely. And I like the scarf idea mentioned by some other folks. Scarves can be very elegant and floaty and feminine.
  • iamangrydoug
    iamangrydoug Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    No worries....if that's revealing, I'm a mega skank and I don't even dress that provacatively in the scheme of things. :P