Belly Fat

Options
codsterlaing95
codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, how do I lose this remaining belly fat I have around my lower and upper chest? I know that spot reduction is impossible, but I want it gone.
155 lbs
5ft 7"
15 % bf

3ubsulv9kou4.jpg
kpj3c9bu5aol.jpg
fuwo78v6sd57.jpg

Replies

• codsterlaing95
    Options
    Should I be lifting or doing cardio exercises?
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Your weight is normal but on the high end of normal. Keep your calories under control and add some cardio exercise.

At 5'7" and age 19, are you still growing taller?

If so, don't cut your intake too harshly -- give your body everything it needs from every food group so that your growth continues. Remember, growing taller means a better BMI. Once you stop growing taller, you can cut back more without harm.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Dude, lift weights.
  • codsterlaing95
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Dude, lift weights.

That's so vague. Compound exercises? Isolation?
  • ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Drink at least 8 ounces of water daily, it will not only help you in reducing your belly fat but can also helps in improving your blood cells.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Drink at least 8 ounces of water daily, it will not only help you in reducing your belly fat but can also helps in improving your blood cells.

I think you meant eight 8-ounce glasses of water...64 ounces total. That's the normal recommended amount, but it's actually an arbitrary quantity picked solely because it's easy to remember. How much you actually need depends a lot on what you eat and how big you are. If you eat food that has a lot of moisture (ie. soup, yogurt, dairy, juice, boiled veggies, etc.) then you don't need as much actual water.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Drinking water reduces fat? Yay!

Wouldn't that be amazing :grinning:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Drinking water reduces fat? Yay!

Wouldn't that be amazing :grinning:

In a roundabout way, yes. Staying hydrated reduces hunger, thereby reducing caloric intake.

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Dude, lift weights.

Follow a program designed by a knowledgeable professional. For example, Stronglifts, NROL, WSB4SB, personal trainer, etc. Pick one, and lift heavy. Until your face turns red.

Also drink at least 8 ounces of water to avoid dying.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Dude, lift weights.

Follow a program designed by a knowledgeable professional. For example, Stronglifts, NROL, WSB4SB, personal trainer, etc. Pick one, and lift heavy. Until your face turns red.

Also drink at least 8 ounces of water to avoid dying.

Just, you know...drink it carefully. To avoid dying.

259fd4d075a75c86e97fd9130fdf9c74.jpg

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Dude, lift weights.

You can't spot reduce. Look into a lifting program, it will help your overall body composition.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, eat around maintenance or maybe a slight deficit and get a progressive lifting program. If you drop to a lower body fat and still lack adequate definition, then it would be time to bulk up.