Still trying to find my way into maintanes

Options
How am I supposed to know what to start my new maintenance calories? Want to move into maintenance with still taking off some new lbs I put on, plus whatever decides my maintenance goals.
Looking for support and advice again? Thank you all!

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    First, it sounds like you still want to reduce your weight a bit so you aren't quite in maintenance yet until you have hit your final goal. Once you are where you want to be then you slowly bring your calories back up until you stop losing weight -- this will probably take a couple of weeks or so. You have to keep monitoring your intake, burn, and weight and adjust accordingly. It might take some time but eventually you will get a feel for how much you should be eating.

Good luck going forward!
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

This calculator will help you with all your needed numbers. :D
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Or just go to Goals in My Fitness Pal, put in a pound a week, and eat the number of calories it tells you. That's how the site works. Once you hit your goal, then set your goal to 0 pounds/week and it will give you maintenance calories. Easy peasy.
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    Or just go to Goals in My Fitness Pal, put in a pound a week, and eat the number of calories it tells you. That's how the site works. Once you hit your goal, then set your goal to 0 pounds/week and it will give you maintenance calories. Easy peasy.

Thanks y'all! I will be using your advice for sure. Thanks for taking time to reply!
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks to every one who replied, lots of good advice