10k question

Options
2»

Replies

• noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    sjb74uk wrote: »
    No, it's rest time ahead of the race.
    The atmosphere of the event should see you thru those extra couple of miles just fine - just don't start out too quickly off the line.

Good luck.

+1

Good luck in the race!
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Friends I did my first 10k in 1:01:19. I was hoping for 1 hr so this is pretty close. I slowed down around both water stations so that maybe cost few mins here and there. Thank u again for your tips. I decided to not run at all last 2-3 days and I seemed to have conserved my energy. It was great. I am looking forward to my half now. Any tips? I welcome suggestions. What should be my time goal and when should I target( currently thinking in 6 months). Thank u!!
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Annadel wrote: »
    Friends I did my first 10k in 1:01:19. I was hoping for 1 hr so this is pretty close. I slowed down around both water stations so that maybe cost few mins here and there. Thank u again for your tips. I decided to not run at all last 2-3 days and I seemed to have conserved my energy. It was great. I am looking forward to my half now. Any tips? I welcome suggestions. What should be my time goal and when should I target( currently thinking in 6 months). Thank u!!

Awesome job!!! Way to go!!!

I'll be looking to steal any tips you get. I'm making the jump from 5k and running my first half in March.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first 10K!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Annadel wrote: »

Although McMillan says a 2:17 is predicted based on your 10k time, your first should aim for completion rather than a time. Build your base mileage for now, and start a modest beginner training plan 12-16 weeks out from your goal. Best of luck.