Relapsing back into food addiction....

Options
Hi All,

I literally haven't been on here for the longesstt time, omg. I haven't logged my food or exercise and don't even really go to the gym anymore. I'm posting because I really need you guys to help me find some motivation and some willpower within myself. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been in my life, and I feel so unhappy with my eating and spending habits. I want a healthy and fit lifestyle and to be able to look in the mirror and feel good about what's staring back at me, but I don't feel like putting in all the work that is needed. HELP ME STOP BEING LAZY AND GET OVER THIS HURDLE. I NEED YOUR SUPPORT. Thank you if you took the time to read this post and post your tips and success stories, that would be very helpful! Thanks a bunch!!!! :smiley:

Replies

• TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Do something today that your tomorrow's self with thank you for.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Find an activity you enjoy and do that, dont worry as much about the food for now. If u keep staying active, ur gonna wanna eat better and take care of ur body eventually... At least thats how I get out of a rut
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I want a healthy and fit lifestyle and to be able to look in the mirror and feel good about what's staring back at me, but I don't feel like putting in all the work that is needed.

Then you don't want it enough and nothing we say will change that.

Work out your deficit, log your food, and get on with it. Nobody will do it for you.

THIS^^^ It may sound harsh… but it's true. All of this can change… food addiction, etc. by simply making a choice and NOT CHANGING YOUR MIND! If you want it bad enough you will find a way. If not… you will find an excuse. Start with one thing that you think you can do. Just one. But DO IT. And don't stop! Once you feel comfortable and confident in that… find one more thing. But you have to DO IT! And keep doing it!

You absolutely have the ability to do it. The part of your brain that controls those basic human needs, such as food, water, shelter, sex…. it's messing with you. It's giving you some false messages (i.e, You need food to survive, therefore you must over eat. You need more food. Food solves everything. You will feel better if you just eat something.) But you are more intelligent than that. You know the truth. And you can make a choice. But you have to do it. No one can make that choice for you.
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi ya every journey starts with the first step, if you really want it then this is your time, to shine, achive, smash goals whatever you want. A masive percentage of people on here are on the same journey.

I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, you need to change your lifestlye, or you will become a prisoner of the one you have settled for. Please add me and I will motivate, help, make you laugh and do what I can to help.

My year hasn't been the greatest, which really kick started me. We all make bad choices on a daily basis, be that life, food or exercise. But small changes can do big things.

Anyway good luck on you journey and I am sure it will be very rewarding.

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a food addiction. 'Food' is not addictive. People use this 'food addiction' term because they cant be bothered to use their willpower.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Guess what, if we didn't eat food, we'd die. So I guess we're all addicted to it?

Unfortunately though, we can't help you. It has to come from you.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a food addiction. 'Food' is not addictive. People use this 'food addiction' term because they cant be bothered to use their willpower.

I absolutely agree! 110%!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »

Using my own quote hehe, the OP even says that he needs to stop being lazy, but then classes himself as having a food addiction. Drug addicts arent lazy, they are clinically addicted, as are smokers and alcoholics. Yet many people who cant lose weight say I must be addicted to food in the same way even though it is often a case of, as quoted by the OP himself, laziness.
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to look at why you are not eating what you think is right - are you stressed, unhappy when you reach for the biscuit tin/chips&dip/fast food? Perhaps finding the root cause of your unhappiness (rather than saying its your body) will help you overcome the issues and let you focus on you healthy lifestyle!

Good luck!