Cook Book

SaltNBurnBoys
SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
I couldn't decide whether this should go here or in Food and Nutrition, so I just decided to put it here.

Does anyone know of a cook book that's specifically low-card recipes? After analyzing my diet, I realized that 90% of the food I eat/know how to make is entirely carbs, and I'm hoping having low-carb recipes at my fingertips will help me change that.

Thanks in advance! =)

Replies

• SaltNBurnBoys
    Carb*

Wow, that changes the entire meaning of the post XD
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    I've got recipes posted here under Low Carb Recipes. Hope those can help you. Good luck :smile:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I look for "balanced" recipes, not low carb ones. I just try to be sensible with carbs (no medical issues).

Because low carb recipes will be radically different than you're eating now, I can't imagine these being a lifestyle change. This site has lots of lower calorie.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Look for Paleo websites.....those are going to be low carb.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    How is it that 90% of your recipes are entirely carbs? No fat? No Protein? Are you just cooking bread and pasta?

At anyrate, there are plenty of low carb cookbooks out there, but that is entirely unnecessary...just cook more well rounded meals. I'm the cook in my home and I have tons of cook books...I can't think of anything that is entirely carbs.

Have you looked at your pie chart on the App? It'll tell you what percentages of what you are hitting. I would be shocked if you were actually eating 90% carbs.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    How is it that 90% of your recipes are entirely carbs? No fat? No Protein? Are you just cooking bread and pasta?

At anyrate, there are plenty of low carb cookbooks out there, but that is entirely unnecessary...just cook more well rounded meals. I'm the cook in my home and I have tons of cook books...I can't think of anything that is entirely carbs.

Have you looked at your pie chart on the App? It'll tell you what percentages of what you are hitting. I would be shocked if you were actually eating 90% carbs.

Ditto.

Unless you are eating breaded mashed potatoes for every meal :open_mouth:
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2014
    I am guessing she means that 90% of her food intake involves some kind of carbs, though breaded mashed potatoes sound yummy. Kinda like the pierogi hoagies you can get from one of the local food trucks.

Anyway to the point of my post. If you type in low carb recipes into Google you will find a wide variety of websites that have low carb recipes, such as the Slender Kitchen.

Good luck with changing up your diet.
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    Ainesilver wrote: »
    I am guessing she means that 90% of her food intake involves some kind of carbs, though breaded mashed potatoes sound yummy. Kinda like the pierogi hoagies you can get from one of the local food trucks.

Anyway to the point of my post. If you type in low carb recipes into Google you will find a wide variety of websites that have low carb recipes, such as the Slender Kitchen.

Good luck with changing up your diet.

That's definitely what I meant. Sorry if it came out unclear.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I'll definitely poke around on the net.