Who uses or have used xp90?

Options
In the past two years I have gone from being a couch potato to someone who does some form of exercise routinely.
I have a friend who had pushed me and challenged me not to give up. I laugh because my first step work out with her I was dying after 5 minutes. She kept pushing and now I can do an hour of step with out stopping. I work out with her three days a week and I walk or ride bike on the other days. My friend is moving away and I live 40 miles from the nearest gym.

I want to keep working out so, I have ordered the px90 program. I know I'm motivated enough to use it because I am beginning to like the way my body is looking and I want to finish this weight loss journey and be fit and tone. Is there any advice, suggestion, or success with the workout program out there....

I know it will be tough but I'm for the challenge.

Replies

• Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    When I first decided to get into a shape a few years ago, I started with p90x and it kicked my *kitten* for a long time-- like, I couldn't keep up at all, lol. I still think it's great, personally, and still use several of the workouts for cardio days.

As for advice... hmm... oh, I know-- two things:

Only do the first 40 minutes of the yoga, to preserve your sanity (unless you just happen to love yoga), and...

Don't hesitate to swap out their routines with something tougher if it feels too easy for you. If you're already in pretty good shape, I expect the Kenpo routine will be too easy right out of the gate, for instance.
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Catatomi99 is right. I expected kenpo to be more difficult... and 90 minutes of yoga can be grueling. However, the program is amazing, Tony Horton is both motivating and a riot. Ultimately "if you do your best and forget the rest" you will see results.
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    My advice is -- remember that the coach is just a picture on the TV. They can't really see what you're doing. If the workout is too intense for you, you can put the DVD on pause, take a break, or even decide the program isn't for you and try a different program instead. .