Tough Mudder !

Options
Hello!

I'm by no means new to MFP, I already lost 30-ish lbs a couple of years back and have been sat there all this time. Now I'm finally motivated to get rid of the rest. I've been at this solidly for a month now and have already lost 11lbs which I am chuffed about. I'm just trying to make it a bit more interesting by getting some new friends to keep me going in the long run

A bit of info about me:
- 23 years old
- Lives in the UK
- Works away from home, so I'm in a hotel and eat at restaurants every night (difficult at first)
- Fitbit user - happy to be friends there too
- Have entered Tough Mudder 2015 and am by no means a natural runner but getting there
- Started at 200lbs, currently 159 and my first goal is to get to 147!

So please, lots of friends with things in common or just the determination to keep at this would be appreciated! :)

Ashleigh x

Replies

• CatK15
    CatK15 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashleigh, congrats on your weight loss so far. I've only recently started and have a long way to go. I think its fantastic that you've entered the Tough Mudder, it will definitely give you something to work towards. I'm a Mom and a Grandma and not only want to be more active in my grandkids lives but I'm debating entering a half marathon next year.
  • Ashleigh_LP
    Ashleigh_LP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)

You should go for it, have you done anything like that before?
  • rontuu
    rontuu Posts: 23
    Options
    The Tough Mudder is a blast. Just completed my first one last weekend and signed up with a half off code for two in 2015. Just go into it as a fitness test for yourself. You can see where you are at with your overall fitness. (The camaraderie is fantastic and you can always skip any obstacle you can't or aren't comfortable doing.) I dropped from 256 pound to 173 for it with only about three months of strength training. I flew through it. Felt like I was superman. Lol.
  • Ashleigh_LP
    Ashleigh_LP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I signed up during the flash sale as well as it can be quite expensive! So looking forward to it :smiley:
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Which TM did you enter??
  • jmarieq25
    Options
    I signed up for Tough Mudder in Missouri next year during the flash sale too! I've ran half-marathons, and I've always wanted to do TM. I've had friends do it and they had a blast.