Tips to quit obsessing over the scale!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ash_danielle
    Ash_danielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When I first lost weight I was obsessed as well. I would weight myself multiple times daily. I even bought two scales to compare one to the other! I had to remove them...I still have anxiety about weighing myself. I've cut it down to once every 2 weeks
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My husband took them and hid them from me because I'm neurotic about watching my weight. So, Now I am relying on pics, measuring tape, and a once a month weigh. I am progressing and more relaxed! :wink:
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You should probably ask yourself why you are checking a number on a scale. If your goal is to make that number go down, then you should continue to check it and eat less calories per day. If your goal is to look better by being more fit and skinny, than what is the meaning of that number?
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the love/hate relationship I have with the scale. I'm reading for tips too!
  • ksnegirl
    ksnegirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Tilran wrote: »
    You should probably ask yourself why you are checking a number on a scale. If your goal is to make that number go down, then you should continue to check it and eat less calories per day. If your goal is to look better by being more fit and skinny, than what is the meaning of that number?

Good point.