Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I can't eat more than 1200 calories. No joke.

2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    sioriwish wrote: »
    I have obviously confused you guys with the whole I used to be 6 stone got up to 8, i'm now 10 stone wanting to be back to 8 stone.

Four years ago I got into a depression stage where I couldnt even eat one meal a day, so I went from 8 stone to 6 stone, I then managed to beat that depression and began eating normally so I went from 6 stone to 8 stone.
    But since then, I have had another depression issue where I ended up going to 10 stone from the 8 stone. I have been tracking what I have been eating but I only just about eat 1200.
    I currently weigh 10 stone, i want to be 8 stone.

I will be checking the database entries to see if they are actually correct as some of you have said they're not entirely correct with whats actually in them.

So eat how you ate when you were 8 stone, before your depressive episode where you gained weight.
  • Also hopefully you are using exercise and not only diet with your weightless. What we eat and moving our bodies are in my opinion incredibly powerful antidepressants. Not that no one should take meds but for many many people eating really whole foods and moving their body every day does wonders for their depressive symptoms as well as overall health! I know that has been true for me. Wishing you the best!

I do try to exercise, but I do have mobility issues. I try to get half hour on the exercise bike 4 days a week, and I walk my dog for an hour 4 days a week too.
    I know I have depression issues and it may play a big part in this, but I do try my best with it.

So eat how you ate when you were 8 stone, before your depressive episode where you gained weight.

I have tried that, but I can't seem to eat the quantity I ate when I was 8 stone. I get full from the smallest of meals. I'm eating the exact same things, fish, chicken, veg and fruit, wholemeal bread, and the odd snack here and there and I drink as much water as I can and one coffee(per day as I've read it boosts metabolism) .
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'd speak to a doctor then.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    you misread my profile, I said I got up to 8 stone after the first depression as I lost weight with the first depression to 6 stone. I then was with someone that I got comfy with/got into a depression stage with so I've ended up going up to 10 stone because of that, but even during that depression I still barely ate but I've ended up putting on weight cause of it.

I am a petite frame, I'm suppose to be a uk size 6 on my top half, but If i wear size 6 it fits me around my top half perfectly, but not my stomach, if I go to a size 8, it's too big and baggy around my top half to the point of showing my bras off and just about covers my stomach.

I'm British so I know weight in stones not pounds.

I feel like this has just been all misread, and communicated and I apologise for that as I know I'm not the best at explaining things

Ok, that makes more sense.

Here's the thing, you say you have 16 pounds to lose on your profile. That didn't *just happen*. You were eating over your daily need by a certain amount, and possibly due to just eating more calorically dense foods.

So look at calorically dense foods. Fats are your friend in this regard, so look at what foods you are eating, look at other healthy options that have density, and commit to hitting what your target is, just make sure the target is reasonable, and based on the best data you can get.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Also hopefully you are using exercise and not only diet with your weightless. What we eat and moving our bodies are in my opinion incredibly powerful antidepressants. Not that no one should take meds but for many many people eating really whole foods and moving their body every day does wonders for their depressive symptoms as well as overall health! I know that has been true for me. Wishing you the best!

I do try to exercise, but I do have mobility issues. I try to get half hour on the exercise bike 4 days a week, and I walk my dog for an hour 4 days a week too.
    I know I have depression issues and it may play a big part in this, but I do try my best with it.

I have tried that, but I can't seem to eat the quantity I ate when I was 8 stone. I get full from the smallest of meals. I'm eating the exact same things, fish, chicken, veg and fruit, wholemeal bread, and the odd snack here and there and I drink as much water as I can and one coffee(per day as I've read it boosts metabolism) .

I have a brain condition that makes exercise very hard (it actually makes walking, talking, swallowing, etc very hard), but I do *something* every day as far as exercise. I'm also in treatment for severe depression and I have generalized anxiety disorder, as well as a metabolic disorder. I could use those things as excuses for not working out or eating properly, but I refuse to.

You've gotten some good tips in this thread on how to eat more. I hope you listen.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    LOL!!!
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hello! I'm struggling to eat more than 1200 calories a day. I've been using the mfp recently and logging everything I eat and I can't seem to get past 1200 on most of the days, some days I just about go over the 1200 I need.
    I don't eat anything that says Low fat/low sugar/diet on it, as I know they pump it full of other stuff that's bad for you.
    I eat whenever I feel hungry which is how I've always eaten, so I have small meals throughout the day, but since I fell into depression a few months back I can't eat a lot. I'm no longer depressed(whoop) but I still can't seem to eat, yet i've managed to put a stone on during that period of depression.

I know I need around 1500-1600 in total, with 300 calories taken out of that for exercise, for me to lose the weight I need but I'm not even reaching that and I don't want to over exercise myself when I'm barely getting what my body needs.
    It's really frustrating me.

Please help :)

Your "stats" are similar to mine. Personally, I don't need as much as MFP says I do, at least when I'm "sedentary". My advice would be to go with what feels right over what the numbers say, and experiment a little if you're not sure. Just make sure you do eat more when you are more active (of course, being more active should make you hungrier on average, too!).

I agree with posters saying that more "nutrient dense" foods are your best bet, as well as fats from things like peanut butter, avacado, oils, nuts, etc. You eat less and yet feel full and get adequate calories that way.

Feel free to look at my diary or friend me since we probably eat similar size meals. :smile: Love your profile pic by the way. LOL.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    strong 444th post.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    strong 444th post.

(*)

• Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    strong 444th post.