kangaroo pouch/ c-sections

Options
I have had 2 c-sections and have a pretty bad kangaroo pouch and noticed as I loose the weight it gets worse and hangs more, so I would love to see other peoples results that had this problem and what really help you out with it and the loose skin?

Replies

• MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    all you can really do with it is lose all the weight you have to lose, and then if it's still bothering you the only option really is surgery.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Like you, I have had two c-sections and I have the same problem you do. I don't know of any way to take care of it other than surgery.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Mine is still full of fat :( I think that C Section fat is harder to lose. My first child was born natural and I lost the weight in no time flat. After this one I immediately stared to gain. I am going to start doing reverse crunches to try to lose this lower belly.
  • beckanai
    beckanai Posts: 8
    Options
    I had really hoped that wouldn't be the case, surgery really is the only option, there's no way to tone it at all?
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I had really hoped that wouldn't be the case, surgery really is the only option, there's no way to tone it at all?

you can only try! that's why i say lose your weight and see what you're left with.
    the sad truth is that not everything snaps back to where it was pre-baby, and often your caesar scar creates a tight band that splits your lower abdomen in two, making it seem worse than it really is - like a too-tight pair of pants giving you a muffin top.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight, moisturize and give it two years for the skin to tighten up. If then you are still with a pouch, then look at the surgery.

I didn't have a C-section but I do have a hysterectomy scar. It took 8 months for it to mostly flatten out and with continued weight loss, it is looking better all the time. I am 2 and a half years post-op.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!