Paint color for workout room

Options
I am turning a spare bedroom into a workout room. I am going to repaint the walls. What color do y'all recommend to give me energy and keep me motivated? The rubber flooring is blue (it was onsale). Would yellow be too obnoxious?

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Wall to wall mirror!
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    it may seem counter-intuitive but orange and blue go together like a dream. And orange is a stimulating colour (makes you feel refreshed and slightly more awake)

yellow would still go too, but make sure it's slightly muted so it's not like a cartoon-cheese colour. (same with orange- take it easy)
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    it may seem counter-intuitive but orange and blue go together like a dream. And orange is a stimulating colour (makes you feel refreshed and slightly more awake)

yellow would still go too, but make sure it's slightly muted so it's not like a cartoon-cheese colour. (same with orange- take it easy)

I was going to say orange too!! I think a nice shade of orange would go well with your floors and be great for a workout :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of putting glass tiles on the wall. I've lost no less than 60lbs of fat, and i have some semblance of a manly physique now...I love looking at myself in the mirror...this is all the motivation you are going to need.
  • AlexisJ330
    AlexisJ330 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have found some nice shades of orange that I think I'll go with and then maybe try to find some mirror panels for the wall. Thanks for all the suggestions. It helped.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Blue is a good choice because it apparantly supresses appetite. Red/yellow/orange does the opposite apparantly which is why a lot of the big fast food chains use these colour schemes
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Wall to wall mirrors sounds fantastic!

If you must paint, red.

Everyone needs a red room of pain.