Running

Options
Alright, I did 5 months of Insanity so far until now but what ive noticed is I cant run. I have a pretty good stamina, I get cramps while running when I'm not even that tired at all.

The weather is cold outside approaching winter so I am not thinking of going out and jog, I do not have a treadmill. Any other options? Is there a workout that improves running besides running?

Replies

• dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You just have to lace your shoes up and go. Start walking first, then add in intervals of running into your walk ( example 2 mins walk then 1 min run rotate for duration of your work out). Up the intervals as you see fit. You can also look at Couch to 5k training program. Hal Higdon has some great walking and running programs I am using his 10k one now.
    Hope that helps some!!
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Also run slower then you think you should. You should be able to have a conversation while running.

Are you getting muscle cramps or are you getting a stitch in your side?
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    And never underestimate the impact of the right shoes. I tried to run and had leg, back and foot pain that kept me from really getting too far.

Finally took the time to get fit at a running store and invest in some running shoes. It made ALL the difference in the world. Suddenly I was pain free.