Bad Day. Need good words!

Options
I am cold and hungry and tired today. I haven't stopped eating since 9am and my cals are at just under 1000, which means I have a couple hundred calories to last me the rest of the day.
Not gonna happen.
So I should exercise. Doing a workout DVD sounds so impossible right now, my whole body is sore from yesterdays Insanity.
So I should walk. It is 36 degrees outside and damp and the stroller got rained on.
And the scale isn't moving fast enough. I've lost 9 pounds in the last month, and that's great, but the elusive first weight goal of 180 is just taking FOREVER and I'm getting bored and impatient with everything.
Bad, bad attitude today and I'm afraid is going to get worse. Someone talk me off the ledge. :disappointed:

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    If you really feel like throwing in the towel today, go ahead and do it. It's just one day. No progress was ever undone with just one day. Be sensible the rest of the day with your food, and don't sweat it if/when you go over your calories.

I hear a mountain of excuses though, and that won't do for tomorrow.

Nine pounds in a month is AMAZING.

I suggest building some goals around something other than the scale. Make some fitness goals to keep you going even when the scale isn't. Once you get to maintenance, that's all you'll have to keep you going anyway.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you o too hard or start to get frustrated it all comes tymbling down, so dont be too hard on yourself and give yourself a break. patience and thinking longer term is better if you wnat to sustain it. Pushing yourself or getting frustrated so you give yp or binge is a bigger hing to deal with.

You dont sound in the mood nor does it sound nice weather. You could spread your claories over the week, or just eat ta maintenance for a few days or a week till you have recovered and get ready to go again.

Your impatience and self exterted pressure is a bigger threat to you reaching your target so you have to look after yourself and also resist the voices of doom.

Have a hot bubble bath. have a moderate but filling meal. Nobdy will notice 500-750 calories more. Eat something hot nuritious and filling. Listen to some nuce music, watch a film or soemthing to make you laugh and then get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day, just be kind to yourself. Beating yourself up or exerting pressure at the moment will achieve nothing.

Youll be fine. The point of the above is control over events rather than them and your voices of doom winning out. You know what your target is, just be patient and deal with this small bump.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Great advice from hollydubs85! I agree. Or, try doing something active, but it doesn't have to be a structured workout. Just move around. Dance. If you simply can't get yourself to do that, then rest and meditate, but try not to snack while doing so. Keep telling yourself that if you can just get through this without really giving up the whole day you'll feel SO much better about yourself tomorrow!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    What Holly said.

Or...do a workout in your home and have some yummy soup.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Holly is my favoritest poste rof today *sigh* o:)
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I am cold and hungry and tired today. I haven't stopped eating since 9am and my cals are at just under 1000, which means I have a couple hundred calories to last me the rest of the day.
    Not gonna happen.
    So I should exercise. Doing a workout DVD sounds so impossible right now, my whole body is sore from yesterdays Insanity.
    So I should walk. It is 36 degrees outside and damp and the stroller got rained on.
    And the scale isn't moving fast enough. I've lost 9 pounds in the last month, and that's great, but the elusive first weight goal of 180 is just taking FOREVER and I'm getting bored and impatient with everything.
    Bad, bad attitude today and I'm afraid is going to get worse. Someone talk me off the ledge. :disappointed:

Better to get a little rest and/or some food to have a good workout. Once you have some food; then, if that doesn't help, rest a little. Sometimes, we try to fight our body's signals that are meant to help us.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you are cold and tired, you might be coming down with something. Listen to your body and cuddle up in a cosy blanket and a hot cup of tea.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Not gonna happen.
    We all have such days.
    You're here doing the right thing, and I encourage and congratulate you for this. It takes guts to admit weakness and ask for help. Again, I have been here.
    Continue to gather your energies for a return to the fray.
    You, like most of us, had a challenging day where things did not go right.
    I have failed so many times but at the end of my journey, I won the victory, claimed the prize and lost the weight. You can do likewise!
    The road to success is paved with the stones of failure.
    Glad to see you still trying; you can do this!
    <3
    p0lo5g8xgfag.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Couple tid bits...

- It's 1 day of 365...
    - Stop "watching the clock" and realize that even when you hit your arbitrary goal weight, you've only just begun...that's when the real race starts...there is no finish line here.
    - Establish other goals that have nothing to do with the scale.
    - Focus on betterment of yourself and the process. Nobody makes wholesale changes overnight...this is a process...it takes time...stop watching the clock and focus on the process and overall betterment.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    If you really feel like throwing in the towel today, go ahead and do it. It's just one day. No progress was ever undone with just one day. Be sensible the rest of the day with your food, and don't sweat it if/when you go over your calories.

I hear a mountain of excuses though, and that won't do for tomorrow.

Nine pounds in a month is AMAZING.

I suggest building some goals around something other than the scale. Make some fitness goals to keep you going even when the scale isn't. Once you get to maintenance, that's all you'll have to keep you going anyway.

Excellent advice.

And if 180 seems too far away, choose a goal that's closer.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks, thanks, THANKS people! You guys are great.
    I had some hot chili and went on a nice walk.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Your a better person that this. Know why? Cuz you reached out. If you were the only person who had a bad day (or a bad few days), I would sell my house and my car and send you the check. Bad days are gonna happen. Anticipate them and embrace them. They are a test of your character. U GOT THIS GIRL!!! Hope the chili and the walk were good :smiley: