This will make you think twice before eating that Halloween Candy!

Options

Replies

• Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I really like candy.......mmmmm fruit n nut bars
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This is my first visit to a message board in a month and now I remember why. How such an inocuous post can generate such nasty replies would amaze me if I was still capable of amazement after 3 years on MFP. Flame away. (Countdown starts now till someone throws out the hoary "butthurt" comment.)

Totally agree.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    kenc1971 wrote: »
    2TzwaPN.jpg
    If it was really that simple, that would be the magic pill and surgeries would not be needed

How exactly do you think the surgeries work?
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

In real life, junk food is still junk.

• TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jbach2 wrote: »
    It's not a failure if you chose to eat it.

Choosing to fail is still failure.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    It's not a failure if you chose to eat it.

Choosing to fail is still failure.

So, are you saying that because I just had a mini Twix, I'm a failure? I just want to be clear.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Kelli850 wrote: »
    22rsf0ibofz1.jpg

Is it really worth the calories?

Yes it is... and to the title question... no it won't... it's called fitting it in to my daily calories... but since I'm not strictly restricting my calories I will

bf57ea48642c9b1a9a658fc66e4e030f89125279ed400edbef07f222ba0e186f.jpg

• Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    It is like it is healthy to still be able to eat "junk" and move on...get myself to the gym the next day, eat healthier, etc. This is real life.

That was very well put.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am in Canada and my Reeses is 80 cal and still 2g of protein, good thing I checked.. now I can have that many more, woohoo :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Navtendon wrote: »

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate
    5267698593a9d.preview-620.jpg
  • PRMinx
    Options

That was very well put.

Why is it that the people that complain the most about junk food or sugar never have open diaries?

Time for more chocolate

For really, realz.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Terribly unhealthy to think like that. Celebrating a holiday eating a bunch of whatever I want while staying on my goals before and after that day won't ruin my diet. Like I read somewhere else: 1/365 days (and maybe if you count all the special occasions where you "screw up" you get to 15/365... again, no big deal if you do things right).

Unhealthy to think like that? No, actually it is unhealthy to eat like that. I wouldn't advocate an alcoholic have a few drinks during the holidays. But, if that works for you. For me, I don't like to fail a few times a year on purpose. Overcoming the temptation is a success. Success motivates more success. Failure just brings you down.

Of course, if you just want to lose weight and healthy eating is of no concern, then just eat all you want on those days and cut back on your calories the next, right?

And as far as depriving yourself of that craving... lol. Just give into them, then. Let me know how that works for you later on. Skip the gym when you don't "feel like it" and dare not push yourself. It might hurt. Get those milks and cookies out.

How is enjoying candy a failure? Today I will go over my calories, but I am still under my maintenance how is that a failure?

I've lost 115 lbs gotten off of 10 our of 14 prescriptions and I eat some kind of dessert daily. When I used to have your all or nothing type mentality in the past I did fail because I was miserable and couldn't stick with it. Already had my milk for the day... no cookies because I want more candy though thanks... maybe tomorrow
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I cannot be the only person whose diary today reads:
    Breakfast
    Fun Size Candy Bar, Snickers. 2 Bars. 160 Calories.
    Coffee- Brewed from grounds. 1 Cup. 4 calories.
  • Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Terribly unhealthy to think like that. Celebrating a holiday eating a bunch of whatever I want while staying on my goals before and after that day won't ruin my diet. Like I read somewhere else: 1/365 days (and maybe if you count all the special occasions where you "screw up" you get to 15/365... again, no big deal if you do things right).

Unhealthy to think like that? No, actually it is unhealthy to eat like that. I wouldn't advocate an alcoholic have a few drinks during the holidays. But, if that works for you. For me, I don't like to fail a few times a year on purpose. Overcoming the temptation is a success. Success motivates more success. Failure just brings you down.

Of course, if you just want to lose weight and healthy eating is of no concern, then just eat all you want on those days and cut back on your calories the next, right?

And as far as depriving yourself of that craving... lol. Just give into them, then. Let me know how that works for you later on. Skip the gym when you don't "feel like it" and dare not push yourself. It might hurt. Get those milks and cookies out.

So now choosing to have a few pieces of candy is going to lead us all on a downward spiral to lazytown? What? I think you are projecting your own issues.

Went to the gym this morning and crushed it. Check.

Ate spinach salad and chicken breast for lunch. Check check.

Had a mini twix, mini kit kat and a mini milky way. Check check check.

Yep, it's all going downhill now. I might as well just give up on life. Clearly, I don't have my priorities in order.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

I wasn't complaining about junk food nor do I have ill feelings towards it. Why would I? I don't eat it or crave it. Was I commenting about it? yes. it's a forum.

I never enter anything into my diary. Why would I? I don't count calories or keep track of the amount of food I eat to care enough about a diary. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. (I also eat when I'm full, esp when it's delicious). I do watch the types of food that go into my mouth very carefully and I don't need a diary for that. Just a set of eyes. I'm not on this website for help. I'm on this website to help.

When are you going to start helping? All I've seen from you is post bogus crap that's been proven inaccurate many times over.

You are on a site designed around calorie counting, the majority of people using it use that function so how do you help them?

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »
    jgennace wrote: »
    If you're going to eat candy, how about elevating your tastes to dark chocolate or something of better quality instead of that kids stuff.

Snob.

Butterfingers and Twix are amazing.

hey hey hey- why can't we just all get along??

dark chocolate AND butterfingers!!!!

What about butterfingers DIPPED in dark chocolate??/ eh eh eh- now we talking right?!?!?!

• PRMinx
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

So, you don't count calories, but you are on a calorie counting website to "help" people?

Mila-kunis-laughing.gif
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Paige682 wrote: »
    jgennace wrote: »
    If you're going to eat candy, how about elevating your tastes to dark chocolate or something of better quality instead of that kids stuff.

Snob.

Butterfingers and Twix are amazing.

hey hey hey- why can't we just all get along??

dark chocolate AND butterfingers!!!!

What about butterfingers DIPPED in dark chocolate??/ eh eh eh- now we talking right?!?!?!

Wrapped in peanut butter and you might just have a million dollar idea there...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

That was very well put.

Time for more chocolate

Because you asked:

How are you going to help on a website for calorie counting when you don't count calories?