Help Im very upset. How did I gain 7 pounds in one day!!!!!!

Options
Im very confused. I weighed in this morning and I was at 261 and now I am at 267.

I ate a muffin egg cheese bacon sandwich from Burger King for breakfast

Lunch: A homemade grilled chicken salad with one pack of ranch dressing

dinner: a protein shake

I also did not workout as of yet because I am busy at the moment with other things. What can be affecting this?? Also I believe my period is about to start soon so I am not sure this is what affecting the huge weight gain

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Water retention and normal daily weight fluctuation. More important, why are you weighing yourself more than once a day?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,513 Member
    Options
    First, you will almost always weigh more later in the day than in the morning. Two, hormones. Three, sodium.

Four, if you honestly think you "gained" 6lbs of fat in a day, well..... :o
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you weighed this morning and this evening I wouldn't be surprised. My normal weight fluctuates between 3-5 pounds from morning after I pee to night. You also ate high sodium today which would aid in even more water retention.

You didn't gain 7 pounds of fat in one day, that's what matters.

Oh, yeah, Hormones from Tom also affect water retention too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates all the time. If you wig out every time you see weight fluctuations, you'll end up in the looney bin.

Weigh in the morning, when you get up, in your undies or nekkid.

Don't flip out. :)
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just water weight, cut back on carb and salt and it shall drop back down <3
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Food, sodium, water from general movement. This is why you should way at most once a day, first thing.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Determinedbygod: set monthly ranges for your weight; you'll stress less day-to-day. As others have mentioned weight fluctuates so log and weigh your food. Be patient.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    unless you ate about 22,000 calories, it is just water weight...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You ate and drank food. It weighs something. Poop tmw. It will be gone. Think about it for a minute. :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Go get a bottle of water.
    Put the water down and get on the scale.
    Pick up the water, and get back on the scale.
    Drink the water, get on the scale again.

What you put in your body still exists in your body until you poop, pee, sweat or burn it off. Of course you weigh more at the end of a day of eating and drinking than you do in the morning when you've fasted for 8 or more hours. Stop weighing in the morning and evening if it is going to freak you out.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    To gain 7 pounds you would had to consume 24,500 calories over what your body needs to maintain. I gain 5-7 pounds the day before my period starts, from what I have heard the range can be 0-10 pounds. I weigh every morning and it fluctuates everyday, however using the happy scale app I clearly see a downward trend and don't worry about the daily numbers.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You should download one of those weight loss graphs. It will tell you your weight loss trend and you'll clearly be able to see your fluctuations.
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My weight can flux dramatically in one day, especially near TOM. Even 7lbs. It will work itself out.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Im very confused. I weighed in this morning and I was at 261 and now I am at 267.

I ate a muffin egg cheese bacon sandwich from Burger King for breakfast

Lunch: A homemade grilled chicken salad with one pack of ranch dressing

dinner: a protein shake

I also did not workout as of yet because I am busy at the moment with other things. What can be affecting this?? Also I believe my period is about to start soon so I am not sure this is what affecting the huge weight gain
    No worries, it is perfectly normal to fluctuate in weight from morning to night.

I suggest weighing once a week in the morning at the same time and under the same conditions.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    daynerz wrote: »
    Just water weight, cut back on carb and salt and it shall drop back down <3

It is water weight, but there is no reason to cut down on carbs or salt unless her doctor has told her to for medical reasons.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    7 pound weight fluctuation! Fun. I have never fluctuated 7 pounds, at least that I have noticed, in a day. But, it's normal. You can search for these questions with the search option.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You will always be heavier after a day of eating food, drinking water and other liquids, etc, etc. Weigh yourself in the morning, preferably about the same time and under the same conditions (wake up, use the bathroom, step on scale, either in jammies or nekkid) every time, and then don't worry about it for the rest of the day - because it's gonna change. Totally normal.

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'll add that most home bathroom scales are not very accurate. If I don't like my weight, I can get off, get back on, stand in a different spot and weigh two pounds more or less.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You ate and drank food. It weighs something. Poop tmw. It will be gone. Think about it for a minute. :)

You don't even have to poop. It's amazing how much weight you can pee out in a day. :)