High body fat, normal weight, anyone else?

Options
Lately I've been feeling like a freak. I'm 5'6.5" and weight 148 lbs.
But my body fat is 29%.
Which means that I look fine with clothing on, but the moment it comes off, you can see exactly how chubby I am.

Yes, I am trying to reduce my overall weight through calorie counting and I am strength training. I'm just struggling with knowing how "fat" I am.

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I just had my body comp analyzed, and I'm on the high side, too, around 31%. However, the tool also measured my visceral fat (fat around internal organs), and mine is very low (you can see my ribs now, which you can't in this picture), and I have decent muscle mass. My fat is in my hips and breasts, usual female places. Some gals are just a little "shapelier" body type. Anyway, I was told not to worry.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track with lifting weights while counting calories. You will lose fat while maintaining lean muscle.
  • tindeyy
    tindeyy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You're on the right track with lifting weights while counting calories. You will lose fat while maintaining lean muscle.

I hope so!!
  • tindeyy
    tindeyy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    I just had my body comp analyzed, and I'm on the high side, too, around 31%. However, the tool also measured my visceral fat (fat around internal organs), and mine is very low (you can see my ribs now, which you can't in this picture), and I have decent muscle mass. My fat is in my hips and breasts, usual female places. Some gals are just a little "shapelier" body type. Anyway, I was told not to worry.

Makes me feel less alone. Thanks for sharing your experience. :)
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I do strength training, too. I did lose a few inches, so keep it up and don't be discouraged; at the same time, accept your female curves.