Microsoft Band and MFP

Options
Anybody have the Microsoft Band and use it with Myfitnesspal? What's your thoughts?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think it just went on sale today.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    God.. someone on my FL posted about this and I totally thought they meant like... band as in a musician. Is this like a FitBit type thing?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It's only just been released give it a chance
  • L1KW1Dz
    Options
    I am loving mine so far. Especially the continuous H/R monitoring, gps, and all the notifications that sync with my phone. Starbucks scan pretty nifty too.
  • Mishootka
    Mishootka Posts: 8
    edited October 2014
    Options
    thefitzone wrote: »
    I am loving mine so far. Especially the continuous H/R monitoring, gps, and all the notifications that sync with my phone. Starbucks scan pretty nifty too.

Have you found a way how to sync burned calories/steps to myfitnesspal?

• Mishootka
    Options
    I bought one too. Seems a very nice device! (Don't forget to stick a protective sticker asap, as I did... :)
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Mine will arrive on Tuesday. Can't wait. Until then I can't help with how anything works, but it seems MFP is a bit behind. I don't see any mention on App pages yet that the Band will work, though on Microsoft site it's clearly mentioned.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options
    For anyone wondering how the Band and MFP sync (as of right now) check out this thread from over at Windows Central -

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-band/320444-myfitnesspal-band-you.html#post2839713
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    There was another thread yesterday and there's no agreement between MFP and Microsoft yet so no linking of info yet
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    There was another thread yesterday and there's no agreement between MFP and Microsoft yet so no linking of info yet

Really? That's interesting since on Microsoft's official page says it does. http://www.microsoft.com/Microsoft-Band/en-us#
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    L1KW1Dz wrote: »
    Email response from support about Band syncing with MFP

"Hello ,

We definitely plan on adding more integration partners to our program in the future. At this time, we do not know who those partners will be, nor do we announce any partners until they are officially live.

We will take your recommendation into consideration when we do. We also recommend you contact them as well and let Microsoft know you would be interested in having them integrate with us?

For now, to view a list of our current partners, please visit: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps

In the meantime, thank you for using the program. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your health and fitness goals.

Warm Regards,
    Jay
    MyFitnessPal"

I'm baffled?
  • Sued0nim
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Weird way to work a partnership - looks like MFP is not ready doesn't it

That said can't wait to hear about the HRM function accuracy - will it replace chest bands?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Email response from support about Band syncing with MFP

"Hello ,

We definitely plan on adding more integration partners to our program in the future. At this time, we do not know who those partners will be, nor do we announce any partners until they are officially live.

We will take your recommendation into consideration when we do. We also recommend you contact them as well and let Microsoft know you would be interested in having them integrate with us?

For now, to view a list of our current partners, please visit: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps

In the meantime, thank you for using the program. Please let us know if you have any other problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your health and fitness goals.

Warm Regards,
    Jay
    MyFitnessPal"

I'm baffled?

Yeah, very confusing and misleading by Microsoft. MS says it does support it and MFP says not yet. Though I am sure they will, I think it's wrong making people think it will be supported right out of the box.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    Would this work well with my iPhone 6? I'm getting tired of Fitbit and want to try something new and I never thought I'd say it, but Microsoft has an interesting looking product on their hands
  • Mishootka
    Mishootka Posts: 8
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hm... It seems there is some integration working between Band and MFP. I did my first workout yesterday with the Band recording it and my calories appeared on MFP. I think it happened because I configured MS Health app on my iphone to integrate with MFP app on iPhone. So it looks like app -> app integration, not like a straight integration between services or service and device. Will check more and confirm.
  • Mishootka
    Options
    Would this work well with my iPhone 6? I'm getting tired of Fitbit and want to try something new and I never thought I'd say it, but Microsoft has an interesting looking product on their hands

It works with my iPhone 5s, so it must work with iPhone 6 too... I am using it for two days and I must say I am starting to love it! It really helps and not only with measuring health stuff but makes me more productive too! BUT WE NEED MORE INTEGRATIONS ASAP!
  • L1KW1Dz
    Options
    Looks like my exercise data is being updated now from Band to MFP, but it put on my MFP twice giving me two bouts of recorded exercise for one? Anyone experience that?

@Mishootka how did your Zagg screen protector go on. Mine went on badly, wish it came with two of them.
  • Mishootka
    Options
    Looks like my exercise data is being updated now from Band to MFP, but it put on my MFP twice giving me two bouts of recorded exercise for one? Anyone experience that?

@Mishootka how did your Zagg screen protector go on. Mine went on badly, wish it came with two of them.
    As to exchanging exercise data - mine works well, except I need more than just that.
    And screen protector... 1v04r5wrlw7v.jpg
    Definitely I will do better next time. I made some mistakes initially. And I also got a big bubble of air inside which I accurately popped with a needle. It's not noticeable now. But because the screen and the frame have slightly different height, there's a white line of trapped air around my display :-(
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Options

Works with Microsoft, iPhone, and Android devices.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Where did you get your screen protector? I ordered online, so I'm wondering if I am just out of luck?