Share Your Quirky Motivations for Weight Loss!

Options
Good health, a long life and the ability to wear cute clothes are all great motivations. But what about more personal or even eccentric reasons you may want to lose weight? Mine is that I want to be able to do some advanced tap dancing steps like Single Wings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ7Q5uYV-rU

I can't help but notice the featherlight people in the class are the only ones who can do them!

Replies

• danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I only have one dimple- and when I'm heavy my face gets all fluffy and you can't see it since it's not terribly prominent to begin with.

I like that my dimple is easily visible and becomes more so as I continue to shrink :)
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I want to lose my pouchy belly and my upper flabby thighs! I will be happy when they both disappear, if that is possible. :)
  • KeisterButton
    Options
    I tried twice to sell my BMW Motorrad rain suit (women's medium) on Craigslist. Where people ride motorcycles and scooters close to 11 months a year, where it rains maybe not a lot, but definitely over 180 days a year. Nobody was interested. I figure if I shrink back to a 8 or a 10 I can fit back into it and it can get some more use. It's a terrific rainsuit, I priced it at 15% less than the last Craigslist ad I saw for it...
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I want to learn Dressage....you know the fancy horse riding.

I've loved horses my entire life and had a couple when I was a kid. Of course, as a kid, it was all about jumping on, giving a (not so subtle) nudge in the ribs, and hanging on for dear life as my recycled pony (Grampa saved him from the dog-food line) took off at a run. Ironically, when my parents moved us to Texas (Houston) it was disappointingly full of concrete and suburbs....and no horses...at least not for this lower-middle-income kid.

Fast forward a few more years and the thought had turned to "I'll just get a good job and buy one when I'm older!". Well, now I'm older...and I have (arguably) a good job. But I'm also too heavy to sit comfortably and nimbly in the saddle. I know because I've tried already with lessons. I'm stiff, scared, and afraid of falling. None of which is helped by being overweight and unable to reposition myself quickly when needed.

I want SO badly to be the athletic, graceful rider that I see when I go to local riding rings....and those riders range in age from 7 - 70.

I also know weight loss will help me in my career aspirations....
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to fit in a storage bin. >:)
  • Lady_Slimsalot
    Options
    These are fantastic! Who needs donuts when you have dimples, dressage and storage bins to look forward too!
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Spinderella - I hear ya! I'm a rider, and I want to look good in jodhpurs! They're the most unflattering thing, it's terrible... Also, I rode in a dressage comp last weekend, and in the photos, there's way too much butt goin' on!
  • steamtrain1999
    Options
    If anyone has an idea about hatches on sailboats... Then mine is I wanna be able to fit through it easily. I also want to be able to lift my body out of the water....which can be heavy considering water weight and life vest too....I really don't need my excess weight making it even more. "If it is to be,then it is up to me/us"
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    zagon_the_ultimate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    my 7 year old son and I are going to space camp next year when he turns 8. i want to be able to be right beside him when he is running around the place, not trailing and wheezing.