Those mean people...

Options
PrizePopple
PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
Well it was one of those "mean people" who took a moment of her time to send me a little something that she didn't have to. I've had a bit of a rough week, and opening my mailbox to see that package she sent put a smile on my face. That's why I love this place, and all those mean people... because they're not really.

I've had one who's offered to help me face my possible situation in any way she can, because she's BTDT.

Another offered to simply talk, when I know good and well she's got problems of her own to deal with.

And then one who sent me something she found out I loved, yet she's hardly known me more than a month.

Those are type of awesome people I'm glad to have supporting me even in the moments that have nothing to do with losing weight. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jZ2J5Yv.gif
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    What's your point? Who said those people are mean?
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    Just hang around the forums a little bit longer. It's actually been a good week since someone made a real "mean people" thread.

Pretty much what it boils down to is the responses they give is something that doesn't want to be heard... like shakes and pills are not the way to go about losing weight, or that a VLCD is dangerous.

Sometimes they're quite sarcastic, and maybe a little snarky, and it gets taken wrong and someone gets butthurt. Then a "mean people" thread shows up admonishing all the horrible people of MFP.

Except they're not the way the offended party sees them at all. They're kind, giving, and actually care about a random stranger on the internet when they have no real reason to do so.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I am often a beaoutch in the forums. But as I read this, I remember about a year ago that someone was openly talking about money struggles here. I privately messaged her for her address, which she sent. I mailed some cash - can't even remember what city or even state it was. So, who knows what people are really like? And no, you cannot have any cash lol.
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    I am often a beaoutch in the forums. But as I read this, I remember about a year ago that someone was openly talking about money struggles here. I privately messaged her for her address, which she sent. I mailed some cash - can't even remember what city or even state it was. So, who knows what people are really like? And no, you cannot have any cash lol.

I LIKE YOUR LAST STATEMENT
  • PrizePopple
    Options

It was perfume that is my next goal reward. ;)

And how dare you break the total B role! Jeeeeeze. The mean people can't all *really* be nice people. The cover will be blown for good. :laugh:
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Oh, I'm good, I don't need any cash. I've got like 7.1 million dollars coming from a Nigerian Prince. He told me so in that email he sent. It's all good. B)

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Did you hear about my 2000+ bill for a broken car key?!! ;)