Need a Fitness Partner in Mooresville NC - Planet Fitness

Hey there. I am a 42 year old mother of two, looking for a motivated fitness partner to workout with. I am in moderate condition but want to up my fitness level, lose weight (about 25-30 lbs), and definitely tone up. I like to run/jog, elliptical and treadmill for cardio. Also into the HIIT workouts for cardio and strength. I also want to increase my strength training to include consistent weight training (nothing outrageous, but using dumbbells and kettlebells). My problem is consistency and staying motivated. If I had a workout buddy I would feel more accountable to stick to any workout dates we set. On my own, I will make excuses not to workout (sad, but true) :(. Anyway, I live in Mooresville NC and have a membership at the Planet Fitness in Mooresville. Anyone nearby looking for a workout partner??? Please connect with me so we can change our lives for the better... together :)

Replies

• RangerB0b
    RangerB0b Posts: 4
    Sounds like you're already off to a great start being a member of a fitness club. Is there anyone else there who can partner up with you? the best thing is if you can find someone there who lives close enough to you to car pool to the club!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Hi! I live in Charlotte, and have a membership to PF in Matthews. Unfortunately, that's a little bit of a hike... however, why don't you join these groups, you may find someone close to you there!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/896--north-carolina-on-my-mind

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/780-queen-city-s-finest-charlotte-area
  • msb1ake
    msb1ake Posts: 7
    Thanks for your reply. Sadly, I am a member but I do not go regularly. What a waste of money it has been. The workouts I have been doing have been at home, however I lack the motivation to stay consistent (will workout out diligently for 2 weeks, then stop working out for a month). Still working on it though. Thanks so much for your advice :)
  • msb1ake
    Hi vjohn04. I will take a look at those links. Hopefully I can connect with some folks on this side of town. Sure wish we were closer though :smile:

Thanks for the recommendations.
  • You can do a search for mfp members in the "find members" tab at the top of the screen. I have found 3 workout buddies that way. Enter in your zip and it will give you who lives in your area. I just wrote to a few women who were the same age.
  • msb1ake
    Thanks mountaingirl2. I have taken your advice and reached out to some folks in area. Hoping I have as much luck as you in finding a workout buddy. Thanks for responding :happy: