anyone have mental disorders?

Options
I was wondering if anyone on here had any type of mental disorder that may be relevant to them not being where they want to be in weight and body?

I have had eating problems (on both sides of the spectrum) before but also have PTSD, an unspecified anxiety disorder (kind of between general anxiety and social anxiety), and excoriation disorder (scalp, face, nails, cuticles, and scabs in general). I feel like these things take up a lot of my time and I am constantly trying to battle the want to eat unhealthy food, too much food (even if it healthy), wanting to turn to unhealthy ways to lose weight, or (a positive thing) a need to exercise regularly. Is anyone else struggling because of similar things?

Replies

• LilyOfTheValley008
    LilyOfTheValley008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome! I think you'll find a lot of people here are struggling with similar things. I also suffer from anxiety which has definitely caused me a lot of disordered eating habits in the past but since doing regular exercise I'm doing way better in that respect. Cutting out take-away and almost all junk-food (I still always eat chocolate and treat myself now and again) has obviously not gotten rid of my anxiety but I feel way better than before.
    I really wish we had a sub-forum here for the psychological component of weight loss/healthy eating so it could be discussed a lot more here.
    Another thing, just watch yourself so you don't consistently OVER exercise to deal with feeling anxious. It was a problem I had in the beginning.
    Anyway good luck :)