30 day shred and Leslie Sansone

Options
I am thinking of buying the beginner 30 day shred. Doing that every other day or every 2 days. In between that, doing Leslie Sansone walking videos. Would that be too much? I am hoping to lose between 7-10lbs by the end of the year. Thoughts?

Replies

• QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I've done both and loved both.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Hiyah you can find these on you tube and try them out. When I started out I did 30 day shred every day for the 30 days. Some days I couldn't move as sore but just got cracking as it was just 20 mins.

Give it a go and see how you feel. I think this is a personal thing as depends on your health and fitness levels. Good luck
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of the beginnER shred this morning. Feeling good. Tomorrow rest day.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I got started back on fitness. Did 30 DS 3-5x per week and did Leslie Sansone 3-4 days per week. In 2012 I weighed 235 pounds, was sedentary and was a size 20. I am now a competitive athlete. :)
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome and inspiring. I am looking to lose 10lbs and keep it off.
  • NNora06
    NNora06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been using Leslie Sansone and the 30 Day Shred as well. I am almost to my goal loss of 40lbs. I love how easy it is to follow Leslie. Kelly, I would love to hear what you used next as I am ready for the next level.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    They're on YouTube free. Try them out unless you want a physical copy
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Use them on YouTube as well. Both goid workouts.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    NNora06 wrote: »
    I have been using Leslie Sansone and the 30 Day Shred as well. I am almost to my goal loss of 40lbs. I love how easy it is to follow Leslie. Kelly, I would love to hear what you used next as I am ready for the next level.

Next step for me was Couch 2 5K. I like progressive programs. I got bored of working out at home. I actually started doing pole fitness 2-3x per week, yoga 1x per week and some bodybuilding-type weight lifting stuff, along with a lot of hiking and swimming. I had a blast with pole fitness and having a teacher to be accountable to really motivated me to keep working. Then, my pole teacher was moving and closing her studio, so a friend who was my age who had gotten out of shape but who was making huge strides in Crossfit bribed me to to try it. I started Crossfit about 13 months ago and learned how to lift heavy. I also started powerlifting on my own. This year I have done a 5K trail race (2nd in my age group), 2 Crossfit comps (2nd in my division in both) and a powerlifting competition (bombed out on my squats but got 2nd in bench and pulled a 320 deadlift). :)

But really it all started with just committing to those 2 programs (30DS and Leslie Sansone) while I got the initial weight off. After I was more conditioned and started incorporating fun fitness activities and classes, I just got addicted to being active and achieving new goals.