I lost 53lbs, but now I'm stuck...

Options
2»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Do not overdo the hips, knees and feet. I have found I can not walk much faster after the weight is slowly coming down. Walking can be very helpful or is in my case.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Stuck for a week = not stuck.

1) Stay off the scale for 4 weeks.
    2) Eat 1500-1800/day.
    3) Start walking. Start any way that makes sense to you. Several short walks, one long walk, whatever works for you.
    4) Once you're walking for 30-45 minutes several times a week, look into a Couch to 5K program. (Get good shoes, fitted for you, first.)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't start running right away though. If I would have tried that back in May I would have probably given up and quit. Start with the walking, get a good base with the walking. And when you start adding in jogging do it slowly, rushing it can lead to injuries (I should know, I had to take a break from running due to an injury from rushing it). A slow run is better than no run. The couch 2 5k program is a good one, but don't be surprised if you can't complete day 1, first time I tried I couldn't make it through even half, went back to walking & swimming, 2 months later, I could do it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    kbunney21 wrote: »
    I'm 5'10 and at my heaviest I was 327 lbs. I now I weigh 274 lbs. I'm on a low calorie diet 500-700 calorie intake which I know is too low I wanted to see fast results and I also didn't exercise. Sooo now I'm stuck. The scale does not want to move. I wanted to start jogging, but should I start walking first or maybe do both and for how long? Also, calorie intake? I feel lost right now. I'm scared if I add more calories I'd gain back idk...

Why would you do this? Do you want to lose all your hair? Do you want to be unhealthy? How are you going to have the energy to walk, let alone jog?
    You don't need a schedule, you need to eat the recommended calories (at least 1200) and be in a deficit, you lose weight. Thats it, its that simple!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Normally, when people talk about "starvation mode" it's BS, but in your case? I think you just crashed your metabolism by cutting your intake to literally half or less the calories you need just to stay alive. This is a bad thing to do for many reasons. Fast results also have the problem of causing a lot of loose skin. You're going to have to bring your calorie intake up to 1200 and let your metabolism adjust. Then when you are eating 1200, try walking for an hour each day.
  • kal900
    kal900 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5 10, and was 280lbs in January... now down to 248. I did have a long plateau at 256 on 1330 calories, low carb and @ 2hrs workouts 6 days a week. Honestly, I was getting so sick of it I was almost tempted to throw it in, but I joined a halloween challenge with a meal plan... no low carb, just clean food. For this week I have actually been eating a high carb brekkie- oats and fruit or muesli, and reasonable lunch then dinner. I was hoping to just not put on over the hol, but it's actually kicked my metabolism back in and I've been dropping weight nightly. Fast I know, but don't care, it's making up for the plateau and my long term goal is still steady.
    Up your cals... don't starve yourself. I was terrified of adding carbs, but it's worked a treat as long as they're good carbs early in the morning.
    If you wanna chat just give us a shout... know how lonely/hard it is to get your head in the right place
  • kbunney21
    kbunney21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    kal900 wrote: »
    I'm also 5 10, and was 280lbs in January... now down to 248. I did have a long plateau at 256 on 1330 calories, low carb and @ 2hrs workouts 6 days a week. Honestly, I was getting so sick of it I was almost tempted to throw it in, but I joined a halloween challenge with a meal plan... no low carb, just clean food. For this week I have actually been eating a high carb brekkie- oats and fruit or muesli, and reasonable lunch then dinner. I was hoping to just not put on over the hol, but it's actually kicked my metabolism back in and I've been dropping weight nightly. Fast I know, but don't care, it's making up for the plateau and my long term goal is still steady.
    Up your cals... don't starve yourself. I was terrified of adding carbs, but it's worked a treat as long as they're good carbs early in the morning.
    If you wanna chat just give us a shout... know how lonely/hard it is to get your head in the right place

Thanks for the support!!!
  • kbunney21
    kbunney21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Normally, when people talk about "starvation mode" it's BS, but in your case? I think you just crashed your metabolism by cutting your intake to literally half or less the calories you need just to stay alive. This is a bad thing to do for many reasons. Fast results also have the problem of causing a lot of loose skin. You're going to have to bring your calorie intake up to 1200 and let your metabolism adjust. Then when you are eating 1200, try walking for an hour each day.

I started adding more calories! TY!