Strong Curves Questions

Options
Hi,

I got my own copy of Strong Curves and will start the program next Monday. I am wondering if I have to follow the order of the work outs? Can I do all the excise on mat first, then with cable machine, then with weights?

Also, can I do half the work out in the morning and half in the afternoon? I will try not to do that but I am afraid one of these days I won't have enough time to do the full work out for what ever reason.....

Thanks & happy Halloween!

Replies

• roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I do it in the order as the supersets work different areas, I think it would make it harder to do out of order.
    To keep my time down I do a couple of minutes on the elliptical to warm up not the big long warm up stretches he has in there. I can then do it all in under an hour.
    I think splitting would make it take up a lot more time as you would be warming up twice. I have found the main lifts - the first 2 supersets and the one after are the most challenging and the rest is kind of a cool down to some extent so I would avoid splitting. On the odd occasion I am short of time I just do the main 3.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    It would be best to do the workout all at once in the order written (they go from the compound lifts to isolation lifts afterwards). That would likely give the most optimal results. I'm not sure why you want to do the ab stuff first, but it would likely affect things the least. I preferred it at the end because it acted as a cool down, and you do use your abs for the compound lifts, and I wouldn't want to tire them out first.

Splitting the workout would likely be better than only doing half, but again, you'll get best results doing everything in one workout. Because the first 4 exercises are supersetted with one another, it doesn't take all that long (my workouts were 45-50 minutes). However, supersetting can be problematic if you are going to the gym during peak hours (too many people using the equipment). I'd recommend trying to go early in the morning when it's less crowded.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I will follow the orders of the work out :smile: I usually go to gym at 5:30 in the morning when it's open, but I have to leave at 6:30 am to go home get the kids ready for school and myself going to work. I also only have an hour for lunch and I can only get 45 minutes the most in the gym counting I have to change and walk to the gym.
  • bluetopazsnake
    Options
    I have a question. Is this the type of program you want to do when you are better shape, or to help you lose weight? I am out of shape and I need to lose weight and I would like to do some strength training because know it is important.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You can definitely use it as a beginner program. It's full body (or at least 3 of the 4 programs are) and in my opinion the exercises are well-explained in the book. It's as good as NROLFW for beginners.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a question. Is this the type of program you want to do when you are better shape, or to help you lose weight? I am out of shape and I need to lose weight and I would like to do some strength training because know it is important.

Yes, it's also good for beginner. I think only one or two programs in the book are focus only on your glues. You can lose weight as long as you eat in calories deficits. I am on my 9th week of the program and I can already see the changes and yes, it's for all over body work out. I see more definition on my abs ;-), thigh, hamstrings and biceps. and of course I got some booty!