what is happening?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    pigiaki wrote: »
    Well if we consider that im under my daily calorie goal,then what?

Then any or all of the following

1) you are eating more than you think in calories
    2) you are burning less than you think in calories
    3) you are not giving adequate time to the weight loss process
    4) you are a special little snowflake who the rules don't apply to
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Do you use a food scale?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Then any or all of the following

1) you are eating more than you think in calories
    2) you are burning less than you think in calories
    3) you are not giving adequate time to the weight loss process
    4) you are a special little snowflake who the rules don't apply to

Or a 5th possibility - you are correctly hitting your calorie goal but you have miscalculated and set the goal too high.
  • pigiaki
    pigiaki Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    im trying to eat about 1300 calories per day and i do use a scale which i find veeery usefull i think im the 4th possibility
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    I think the 4th possibility is the least likely - however, if you seriously think that, then you should see your doctor to ascertain whether you do have a medical condition that is making losing weight harder - highly unlikely given you are only 1 kg over your goal weight though.
    -
    Now that you have told us your calorie goal is 1300 per day, that rules out possibility 5 too.

I suggest you concentrate on posssibilities 1,2,3.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    im trying to eat about 1300 calories per day and i do use a scale which i find veeery usefull i think im the 4th possibility

No, you are not a special snowflake to whom the rules of calories in/calories out do not apply. ;). The only reason for this is that none of us are special snowflakes because the rules of thermodynamics apply to us all:
    1. Eat more calories than you burn and you will gain weight
    2. Eat less calories than you burn and you will lose weight
    3. Eat about the same amount of calories you burn and you will maintain weight.

You have miscalculated somewhere. You said you weigh food. Do you eat your exercise calories back? If so, where do you get those estimates from?

Have you been to the doctor to have your thyroid checked or to be checked for any other medical problems? Calories in/calories out would still apply, but there might be other things to take into consideration to where your base calories might be lower and it will take some time to find that number right for you.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    "Trying to eat healthy" = is that a calorie deficit?

This, plus since you aren't trying to lose much, it can take a bit of time to come off.
    why?

Because the less you have to lose the harder it is to lose weight.

You need to log your calories consistently and weigh everything. Because you have so little to lose it will be very easy to underestimate what you're eating.

I agree. She weighs 125lbs. Maybe she's already a low body fat percent and low BMI. I don't think it's as easy to lose from 125-120 as it is to lose from 225-220 or even 155-150.