Crisis Management

My family is having a halloween party right now and a lot of junk is served. I ate 1 donut, right now I think I still have an acceptable surplus of calories but I can't have more. How do you resist these evil delights? Btw I'm now obsessing about food in my bedroom. I'm scared if I leave I won't be able to resist.

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    I don't know. Just don't eat it.
  • 98bikinisuitedlbs
    98bikinisuitedlbs Posts: 416 Member
    Eat fruits, veggies, protein and lots of water. Keep it simple.
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Get rid of the food in your bedroom if it's bad stuff. You have to just not buy it and not be around it if you are struggling with willpower.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    I changed my whole idea about what food IS by reading a lot of nutrition books. I now challenge myself to get as much nutrition as I can from the foods I am eating. It doesnt' make sense to me to fill up on calorie-dense "stuff" that isn't really feeding my body. YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Chew gum
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    If you are seriously sitting in your room obsessing about food then you need help.
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
  • smandymail
    smandymail Posts: 40 Member
    The best method for ignoring food is distraction. Turn your interest towards something else - reading, writing, working, something.
    -
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Brush your teeth. Put on your pajamas. Go to bed.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    An occasional day of being over your calorie goal will make little to no impact on your weight. It is the larger picture that matters, the rest of the year. If you find you are dreading events involving food, then it is time to examine your relationship with food.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    drink water lots and lots of water you will be so full you won't want to eat another thing. That is what I did tonight. I have left over candy..eek..my daughter will take it to work tonight. and two left over bags of the stuff. I will give it out to my neighbors tomorrow.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Seek professional help.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2014
    Seek professional help.
    ^^^
    THIS
    I sense there is more going on with you than mere weight issues.