How to adjust FitBit to avoid Erroneous calculations

Options
Today was probably one of the last days I can ride my motorcycle to work as the weather is getting colder. To clarify it is a Harley and vibrates a bit.

So I get in to work this morning to log my breakfast, and it shows that I have 48 calories burned to add to my calorie intake? I looked at my FitBit app and sure enough, it showed that I had walked 1.2 miles and taken over 2,000 steps. I can assure you my garage is not that big???

So the question, as to be accurate, is there an adjustment with FitBit to avoid these errors in my "physical activity"? Any one have this or similar problem? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Manually log the time you were on your Harley as 'riding a motorcycle' and it'll adjust the calorie burn accordingly. :)
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit flex - I found it to be the most inaccurate piece of junk I'd ever owned. A total waste of $100. I'd log my activity on MFP and not link my Fitbit to MFP.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I drive school bus and get about 2,000 extra "steps" for each route so have been manually overriding these steps since late August. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago then it stopped working correctly. I have called FitBit and made 2 reports plus have emailed them and the case is still open.

In case anyone wonders what I'm talking about here is what happens. When I manually enter the activity (automobile and small truck (not semi) driving) then return to the dashboard to see the adjustment, nothing changes. Previously I would see the dashboard reset itself after the sync to about 1800 to 2000 steps less.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    That's weird. I just logged 'riding in a car' for half my morning walk time and it did adjust my data.