Old looking face or the pudgy face, how do I get some if that back no

Options
Hello!
Anyone else have this problem? Several weeks ago, maybe 4, I came to within 3 lbs of my target wieght, I just had to make those couple few more lbs, so I thought. ,I certinally haven't lost any this past several weeks, eating habbits have been horrible. Because I saw some changes in my face that look really bad, I kinda started to think I have to put some wieght back on, so my face plumps up and I'm not looking like an old lady. Because it is bad, very bad. If I smile, there must be hundreds of wrinkles reshaping my face. I know I can't add the calories back exactly to where they came from, that's kinda scary. Many of you have mentioned the move on to maintenance. I am so afraid to, I already put wieght back on that I have worked long for it to come off. I never thought about how my face would look, after loosing around 30 lbs. but oh does it does shine and it's not exactly pretty. I look just as bad as I thought I did, before I began to loose. The little bit pudgy face no longer feels like it looked bad compared to now. I really don't know what I should do.... Skinny wrinkled saggy skin, with new wrinkles... Or chubby but healthy looking face.. Never ever would of thought about this. I think I'm just venting, because I know there's no way to really fix that unless I put back on more weight??

Replies

• bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am 64 so I expected more or at least deeper wrinkles when I lost weight. Now I am in maintenance and I celebrate the increased wrinkles and the turkey neck as signs that I succeeded in my efforts. I probably had a turkey neck before but could not see it for the double chin. Lol. I suspect that as I stay in maintenance over the next year that my skin will firm up a little. I also changed mt hair style to go with my new face shape.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I found that situation too. I have a turkey neck. It's bad from the side. But I'd rather have it than be fat again. If you can afford it, get botox or plastic surgery. If not go to Consumer Reports website (you may have to join to get their reviews of products) and look for wrinkle creams that really work vs expensive goo and use them.

Don't gain again. It's not good for your health. I know it's not fun to look in the mirror and not like what you see, but your health is truly more important than wrinkles. I bet you truly look much better than you think you do. :smile:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I, at 61, also implore you not to put on extra pounds because of a haggard looking face.
    Give it a year and your face will start to tighten up as you are pre- menopausal.
    If you leave losing those last few pounds until you are menopausal or post-menopausal you will have a much harder time getting your face and body bto look anything like you want it to.
    Look for a night cream with retinol, copper peptides and/or anti oxidants, things that will help firm up your face ( Paula's Choice is a good site to research your needs)
    Also make sure you are getting your full scope of micro, micro nutrients in your diet, take some pre- menopausal supliments if needed- Co emzine Q10 is good inside and out.
    Whatever you do reach your goal now and work on your face as you are losing those last few pounds.
    This comes from someone who lost her weight in the middle of menopause and has few options, bar surgery, for a haggered face.
    Cheers, h.
  • Adpalangi
    Adpalangi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thank each of you for taking the time to reply, and share your advice for me. All three of you had supported each other with what and how to do it. I will update, soon. Just to keep me accountable. Take care and best wishes
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    All this negative self judgement is going to undermine your weightloss efforts if you are not careful. Work on accepting yourself as you and banish negativity.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others comments, I too have turkey neck, I'm 45, and I have a more haggard looking face (in certain lights I might add lol) ...its the price we pay and although it's not ideal it's healthier to be slimmer and fitter.
    Thanks also to the above for mentioning those creams ☺
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I think part of the issue, which I also have, is that an overweight face becomes the face you're used to seeing, not only on yourself but on others too. Extra weight seems to make the young older and the older younger, as it hides all indicators of age. Try looking at even young, slim celebrities and you'll see that if you were looking at them negatively you could apply 'haggard' to them.
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    First of all, if you gain weight it will certainly not be where you want it. Give it a little time and your skin will tighten up. I am using a product that actually tightens your skin and removes the smaller wrinkles and it has reduced my turkey neck and jowls too. You could also try something like that. Get to your goal and congratulate yourself.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit what are you using?
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    We ALL end up looking the same, anyway. May as well be healthy along the way. In my case, I'll take the wrinkles over a heart attack any day. I intend to age gracefully. Wrinkles are a roadmap of my interesting and varied life and I look at each one, along with my stretch marks, as a badge of honor.
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Everyone is giving great advice; I just wanted to add this. There is a book called Facercise; the premise is there are muscles in your face and they need exercising too. I don't know the author.

Seriously, it's hard! Most I just cannot do because it's just too focused for me, it's uncomfortable. I especially do the neck exercises because I tend to get a jowly type look along my jawline and it works, when I do it.
  • pamelaamarshall
    pamelaamarshall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen. I researched about it and now use Avon Anew Clinical PRO Line Eraser Treatment - AF-33. It works, not nearly as well as a facelift, of course, but it does smooth the skin. When I get a turkey neck, I'll try Strivectin.
  • Adpalangi
    Options
    I agree with the others comments, I too have turkey neck, I'm 45, and I have a more haggard looking face (in certain lights I might add lol) ...its the price we pay and although it's not ideal it's healthier to be slimmer and fitter.
    Thanks also to the above for mentioning those creams ☺
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    First of all, if you gain weight it will certainly not be where you want it. Give it a little time and your skin will tighten up. I am using a product that actually tightens your skin and removes the smaller wrinkles and it has reduced my turkey neck and jowls too. You could also try something like that. Get to your goal and congratulate yourself.
    We ALL end up looking the same, anyway. May as well be healthy along the way. In my case, I'll take the wrinkles over a heart attack any day. I intend to age gracefully. Wrinkles are a roadmap of my interesting and varied life and I look at each one, along with my stretch marks, as a badge of honor.
    I, at 61, also implore you not to put on extra pounds because of a haggard looking face.
    Give it a year and your face will start to tighten up as you are pre- menopausal.
    If you leave losing those last few pounds until you are menopausal or post-menopausal you will have a much harder time getting your face and body bto look anything like you want it to.
    Look for a night cream with retinol, copper peptides and/or anti oxidants, things that will help firm up your face ( Paula's Choice is a good site to research your needs)
    Also make sure you are getting your full scope of micro, micro nutrients in your diet, take some pre- menopausal supliments if needed- Co emzine Q10 is good inside and out.
    Whatever you do reach your goal now and work on your face as you are losing those last few pounds.
    This comes from someone who lost her weight in the middle of menopause and has few options, bar surgery, for a haggered face.
    Cheers, h.

Afew months ago I purchased from Jafera a gel that is made to help that turkey neck and loose skin. Only use it on my neck and under my chin, and I have noticed a good difference. Do not remember much else about it other than it's quite pricey. But just alittle goes along way. Although I have tons of creams, two for full face, one for pores, one to use around the eyes, and not sure about the others. But if interested you could google Jafera, I'm sure you would find a rep near by. Just mention you are interested in the jell used to tighten turkey neck and loose skin.
  • Adpalangi
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    All this negative self judgement is going to undermine your weightloss efforts if you are not careful. Work on accepting yourself as you and banish negativity.

I'm afraid they already have. Once I finished the 12 week program, I went on for another round to get the last few lbs. I've been off the chart since then. I don't even know what a health meal looks like anymore, infact even a real meal. For 3-4 weeks now I have eaten junk unhealthy foods. I haven't even been logging in. I started back to work about the same time as I began the program, so I don't know if I'm eating for stress (which I have mega stress in my life right now) or maybe with the new job and hours that vary, seems like there's no time to cook, and I'm still trying not go with any processed foods. I don't take the time to plan out a menu, I haven't even been to the grocery store to purchase foods for meals in afew weeks. Any suggestions to help myself get back on tract, would be greatly appreciated? Any other similar guidense would be great.
  • cawestfall2
    Options
    Did you know if you do a fat transfer with LIPO to the face when you lose weight you won't get the winkles. LIPO is not a weight lost option but it does help with wrinkles. I’ll keep you posted on what happened after I have it done.
  • Adpalangi
    Options
    Did you know if you do a fat transfer with LIPO to the face when you lose weight you won't get the winkles. LIPO is not a weight lost option but it does help with wrinkles. I’ll keep you posted on what happened after I have it done.

Great thanks and good luck! Hope all goes well for ya
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Keep hydrated. Sometimes when I don't drink enough water or get enough sleep I notice more lines. I realize as I lose weight that I am showing more wrinkles in my face but I would rather enjoy being outdoors and exercising than have a younger plumper face and be in front of the tv every night overeating like I used to. I dress up and smile and I don't think others notice the wrinkles, just the happy lean person I am.
  • Adpalangi
    Options
    Keep hydrated. Sometimes when I don't drink enough water or get enough sleep I notice more lines. I realize as I lose weight that I am showing more wrinkles in my face but I would rather enjoy being outdoors and exercising than have a younger plumper face and be in front of the tv every night overeating like I used to. I dress up and smile and I don't think others notice the wrinkles, just the happy lean person I am.

Thanks so much for your reply... I love how motivated you are! And yes, love to dress up now days, too. And the happy lean person you are. Keep smiling!