Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    187.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I think - lol! It appealed to me as I currently skip a lot of meals due to job and time... So being able to have a shake in the morning suits me. I have up to this point been having smoothies but thought of give it a go. My plan was to try it for a month to get me thinking / focused more and then once I'm back into good habits keep it up myself.

I make my own protein smoothies at home for WAY less. I have a Magic Bullet with cups I can blend and drink from, so I'll measure out my yogurt the night before and put a lid on it in the fridge. In the morning I put it on the scale, add a banana (to log how many grams it was), add 1/2 cup of almond milk, and 1 scoop of whey protein. Blend that bad boy up and I've got a much better breakfast that I was consuming in the past (pretty much nothing). Today's smoothie was 330 calories with 84g of banana, and as always 43g of protein.

Even after 2 cups of coffee with real half and half I still have over 1,200 calories left for the day. There's no reason to pay out the nose for such things, and have them give you shady as hell advice on how much you should be consuming every day.
  • willette8087
    Options
    I agree with others that herbalife isn't a great way to lose. I use shakeology that's much better and for more healthy. I do think your calorie in take is just a little low especially if your working out. http://www.shakeology.com/willette8087