New from the Netherlands!

jenniator
jenniator Posts: 475 Member
edited November 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! I moved from California to the Netherlands about a year ago. I've been dieting for about 5 months now and have lost exactly 40 pounds :)!! I joined MFP to keep track of my calories and make sure I don't go above my calorie limit. I do weigh and calculate my food every day, so that is good. I also love the supportive community here and how everyone is so helpful :D!

Replies

• LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    The last picture shows the calories for the unprepared product (onbereid product).

So 100 g of the flakes (dry weight, without anything else added) have 350 calories, 1.5 g fat (0.3 g saturated, 0.3 monounsaturated and 1 g polyunsaturated), 66 g carbs (1.5 g sugars, 13 g fiber), 12 g protein and 0.5 g salt (= 200 mg sodium).

The label is a bit confusing I think.

The other table (bereid product) is for the prepared flakes as per package instruction and so is the "per portion (per portie)" on the front (but the per 100 g on the front is obviously for the dry flakes).

Hope that helps :)
  • jenniator
    edited November 2014
    Thank you so much for your reply! I actually confused the threads and posted the wrong thread here LOL :P So I changed it to died and nutrition.

It is really confusing, even some people that read Dutch and were trying to help me are confused by it :)

Thank you so much for explaining it to me! I don't know why they would include the calories of it already prepared since it will vary drastically depending on what liquid you use. So 60 grams unprepared would be 200 calories?
  • jenniator
    I believe Brinta is around 330 calories per 100 grams. So would 60 grams be 180 calories?
  • Hi! I'm from Belgium ^^ If you have any questions about the language you can always ask ^^
  • jenniator
    Thank you Riechanster :D