Hi from australia!

Options
Hi all

Newbie to calorie counting and I have found the MFP app to keep me on my toes so far.

I started my fitness journey in february this year and made myself a program which got me into lifting and running and losing 17kg. I followed my own full body workout until I did the Max challenge (12 week program) and lost a further 7kg. The challenge had me on a strict diet and before then while I was eating much cleaner, and cutting out a lot of the bad, I wasn't even close to a proper diet.

My goal now is strength rather than hypertrophy. I no longer wish to have an 8% bf body. I also want to be able to run spartan races, squat and dead tons of weight and be competitive in half or even full marathons. Couch to 5k has already gotten me to the 7km mark but I have a long way to go.

Using the mfp app has changed my eating, even in the short amount of time I've had it. I just couldn't believe some of the foods that were considered good were so damn bad!!

I'm sure my story can relate to many of you on here. January 28th I just said to myself "enough is enough..I'm 115kg and I am eating junk.. time for a change". Well coming here is the next phase of that change so I hope I can be there for others, just starting their journey and interact with the community in general.