I just want a success story already :(

Options
1235»

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'0 lady and lose weight eating more than 1900 calories a day. I sit on my *kitten* 10 hours a day but exercise after work. Maintenance for a 21 year old 5'4 totally sedentary female would be much closer to 1800, not 1680. And she's not sedentary. Until she starts measuring her food, don't keep trying to convince her 1680 is maintenance.

Well, as a 5'0 woman eating 1900 calories per day and losing weight, I'm sure you have a lot in common with this young lady. Or maybe not much. She needs to track her intake accurately. But it's quite possible she doesn't burn with the heat of 1000 suns.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Really appreciate all the feedback people. Really!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks xoxoxo
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    As others have said - start weighing your food.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Then assess after a few weeks and tweak your calories up or down as appropriate.

^this

You are either eating more than you think, or moving less than you think. Get the variables under control before you start thinking something isn't working.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You don't know if you were eating 1680 calories because you don't weigh and measure your food. Don't change your target, measure to see what you're *actually* consuming, and after 4 weeks the scale hasn't budged, then lower your target.

Exactly. Use 1680 as your target but weigh and measure your food accurately...you may be surprised at the results. I know that personally when I don't weigh and measure, I maintain or gain. When I am diligent about tracking every calorie, I lose easily.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the food side of the equation... take advantage of being out of work to really focus on your fitness. Walk/run/cycle faster, up more hills, carrying weights etc. Lift bigger weights! Try new routines! Try completely new sorts of exercise - dance, yoga, pilates, rock climbing, hula hooping, whatever. Set frequent goals and smash them.
    It's easy for bodies to get accustomed to your regular exercise routine, so keep it guessing, keep pushing it, and focus on your improvements there for a while. Don't look at the scale for a month. Enjoy your body. Even if you don't lose any weight, I bet you'll feel better about life anyway :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Follow MFP exactly as it is designed for your calorie questions. Set your goal at 1 lb a week. Eat back your exercise calories, just be careful of being overly generous with them. If you do this while measuring and/or weighing your portions, with no medical problems, you should lose the weight. Good luck!