Key Habits of people who successfully have lost weight

Options
13»

Replies

• chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So much good information on here! Just wanted to add quickly that the thing that helps me the most is to pre-plan my meals. I've got a dry-erase board on the side of my fridge where I keep track of meals I will cook during the week (I plan one week at a time). Sitting down beforehand to plan them helps me keep them balanced and adds variety. I am horrible when it comes to being hungry and not knowing what I want to eat - I will graze all day! Another huge benefit: I only have to go to the grocery store once a week. Saves money, saves temptation to impulse buy.
    All of these ideas are great, but this one is key for me to be successful!
    Good luck!
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    • Accurate logging with MFP
    • No grazing, esp after dinner
    • Go to sleep instead of late night snacking/leftovers
    • Don't finish my kids leftovers! Always tempting...
    • Just don't give in to hunger pangs when you know you have eaten enough
    • Exercise helps, but control diet is 90% of the effort
  • v27pig
    v27pig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add... I've always had a stash of chocolate in the fridge. I've not cut it out but found that if I knew it was there then I didn't crave it as much and therefore didn't binge on it. But also had things that you could just take a bit of like malteasers or my fave toblerone. And when I needed a chocolate hit I had just one chunk or a few teasers. It stopped me eating a whole bar. But agree with not cutting any food out, just things in moderation (serving suggestion on the back of the packet always helped)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!