Food Journals

Options
How can I see others food journal? I keep trying to lose and it goes down a pound and up a pound. Is everyone else hungry especially in the evening on 1200 calories?

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You can only see someone else's food diary if they have it set so you can see it. You would click on their profile, then View Diary if they have it available.

If you are having hunger issues, then you may not be eating foods which help you feel full. In order for anyone to give you advice on that, you would have to set your diary to be viewed by others.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You only have the one friend. You may wish to get some more, since many if not most users have their diaries set to allow friends view them

Also you should search MFP posts for something like, "who has a Public diary". A lot of people respond to those topics and you can browse their diaries. Try to look through a recent one as you may be more likely to find current loggers.

There are also topics like "who is on 1200 calories" and those guys share how they do it. Personally, I can't. If you set your weekly weight loss to lose a bit less, you may be able to eat more daily. (As in, instead of 2'lbs per week maybe do 1lb). Exercising also helps you earn a few more calories to eat - just be careful to start with eating back maybe 50-75% of the exercise calories given by MFP as those numbers could tend to be too high
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary (been way off track lately though) - but no way can I eat as low as 1200 ever. That's just way too extreme for me.
  • kal900
    kal900 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My diary is open... I have a limit of 1300, and some days I have to have a cream pud to get enough cals in... hunger definately not an issue, but boredom and midday snacks can be. I add my gained cals but never go into them.. well, rarely, what ever workouts I do I try to stay in my 1300 limit. Seems to be working lately... losing 1/2 per night this week ;) happy bunny