Finding an Exercise Program

inetzy
inetzy Posts: 2
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to get back on track losing weight. I've always struggled with weight lose because I have yet to find a plan that works for me. I have never been abel to ask for help before and I'm finally asking. I have no idea where to start with cardio and strength training. Firstly, I am a 205 pound 5'5 quite overweight woman. Secondly, I have exercise induced asthma so heavy hitting cardio doesn't work for me at this point (I'm hoping this will get better as I lose weight). I really want to do this for real this time but mostly I want to feel successful.

Thanks and any advise would be welcomed with open arms.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Welcome aboard.
    inetzy wrote: »
    I've always struggled with weight lose because I have yet to find a plan that works for me..

What plans did you try, and why didn't they work for you?

For cardio, pick any activity that gets your heart rate up and you enjoy enough to do regularly. Anything from cycling, workout videos, dancing, jump rope, swimming, walking, etc. Start short, and add a few minutes each session. Pick an effort level you can live with.

For strength, follow a good, full-body program, and do it every 2-3 days. What exercise equipment do you have access to?